• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:57 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

R1 Cup | Yamaha R1 2007 v1.2

Started by javiliyors, May 13, 2019, 01:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

May 14, 2019, 08:21:34 PM #30 Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:23:07 PM by Vini
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 14, 2019, 07:57:22 PMUnless the rear wheel is off the floor, there is always going to be some semblance of engine braking being done at the rear wheel, so while some riders may use 100% front brake with the controls, downshifts and engine braking still play a part, even if you don't intend them too. (And some high level riders use the rear brake to help stop the bike as well, its purely a preference thing. I remember a MotoGP TV info thing, where the interviews and onboards showed Honda riders used the rear brake a lot, yet the Yamaha riders such as Lorenzo didn't touch it at all for slowing down)
They don't use the rear brake to get additional stopping power, they use it to finetune the rear slip to get the perfect turn in and keep the bike stable. The rear has no influence on max. deceleration and the rear only helps with getting the bike stopped when you are not braking properly (at the limit).

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 14, 2019, 07:57:22 PMI do however understand what you mean about the torque/powerband being quite high, however at the same time, these bikes in the real world aren't known for powerslides, especially since the R1 cup is a more 'Club Level' Championship, and again, fiddling with the gearing and electronics can seem to fix that.
I don't see how gearing will change this. Of course you have to adjust the ratios in such a way, that you are always in the powerband at every corner but this doesn't change the fact that there are not enough revs above peak-power-rpm. And the electronic have zero to do with that.

Anyway, the overheating issue makes it undebatable that the front needs some improvement and from my experience of testing/developing bikes in GPB, it's safe to say that the balance needs to change. The (mild) tankslappers are also a result of this, probably in combination with a too stiff swingarm.

Myst1cPrun3

Scott Redding seems to use the rear brake to settle the bike on the main slow down, and secondarily, (Is that even a world lol) to
aid with trail braking. Its just personal preference, one which I don't tend to touch unless I'm in the middle of massively messing up.

What I guess I'm trying, (and failing) to say, is that most of the issues you've highlighted can be tuned out in the setup menus.
Whether that's realistic or not isn't for me to say I'm not a tuner, but the changes I'm making seem to align with various real world setup guides I'm using so I'd guess its somewhat close.

For the overheating, I also am not a tyre expert, nor have I ridden supercorsas, so I can't say how they behave temp wise, but again, In GPB, I've not had any issues with this, (It was just mentioned above I believe), and for the most part it can be tuned out. The pressures may be weird, but GPB seems to respond more to temps rather than pressures from my tests

javiliyors

Quote from: javiliyors on May 14, 2019, 08:14:34 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 14, 2019, 08:04:42 PM
Quote from: javiliyors on May 14, 2019, 08:00:48 PMAdd update:

New onboard cameras, fixed rpmneedle and replaced some textures.

Enjoy.

<3

Tell me if the rpmneedle works... i not have VR but normal visual for me is fine

Upss i make a mistake, tomorrow fix the tyres

Vini

And what I am trying to tell you is that there are some fundamental problems that cannot be tuned out if you intend on riding the bike at the limit.
I have a couple of years of GPB experience now and have gone through plenty of iterations of many different bikes and by now, I know how to "read a bike" and ride it at its limit consistently. Because of that experience I can also tell the difference between setup issues and underlying bike issues (like balance and chassis flex). I am sorry but if you seriously say that the front is perfect as it is, then you are not riding at the limit.

Anyway, I'm just trying to help improve the mod by posting my conclusions and I guarantee, that you will agree with me once these changes have been made.

Myst1cPrun3

TBH, I'm nowhere near fast enough on the big bikes to get to the mechanical limit, although I do appear to be relatively consistent (or overcautious take your pick) XD. I personally like to fiddle with all the setup options before I try and make a judgement, and I will concede that some of the effects such as the tank slappers, and the front end appear to be, 'Over Exaggerated' at some points.
I do seem to 'understand' whats wrong a little more than I do on other mods if that makes sense, I find it easier on this bike to adapt both my riding and setup, to the point these things aren't an issue. (I should point out they may still be there, I just have it setup so that I don't notice them in 1p view, and I do still have rather sudden accidents both on and off the power, and front/rear end)

javiliyors

May 15, 2019, 07:16:34 AM #35 Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:49:43 PM by javiliyors
Added update:

Fixed orientation of the tyre.

Added Templates in the first post.

Adjust the high of the bike.

Enjoy.

connorhall70

GanjaGod

javiliyors

Added: V1.1 version.

Changelog:

Fixed weight balance of the bike and grip of the rear tyres.

javiliyors

Added:

V1.2 version.

Changelog:

- Fixed preload.
- New sounds.
- The behavior of the motorcycle has been improved.

- Enjoy.

Nicotine

GP-Bikes Indonesia