• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:27:04 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

FFB

Started by doohan, November 21, 2019, 09:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doohan

Hello, world.
There is any force feedback in GP bikes. Topics and informations about.
Thank you all.

Chris_Beeves

There is. What controller are you using?
I had to try..

Myst1cPrun3

You can have ffb if you use a steering wheel.

Alternatively, if you use a gamepad, You can Download the MaxHUD plugin, and there is a vibration option in there.

doohan

I use gamepad or arduino or Logitech G25 wheel.I am interested in arduino output (as a value ?).

doohan

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on November 22, 2019, 05:58:50 PMYou can have ffb if you use a steering wheel.

Alternatively, if you use a gamepad, You can Download the MaxHUD plugin, and there is a vibration option in there.

What events ( in avatar bike) triggering vibrations in MaxHUD plugin?
What kind of output signal guides FFB in steering wheel?

Myst1cPrun3

You can tune the max hud vibration to trigger at pretty much anything from my testing.

Wheel slides and suspension travel/behaviour are big things from my testing, although I prefer not to use it, as it changes from bike to bike.

(I use xbox one gamepad in GP Bikes but no feedback aside from visual/audio)

As for steering wheels, there are various steering modes for this, and each one changes the style of feedback. I read that steering mode 2 (changed in files) is much more realistic, and close to how a motorbike feels, but I just can't get my head around using a wheel and pedals for a motorbike controller so don't use it.

As a result someone else may be able to go more into detail than me on that

doohan

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on November 22, 2019, 06:54:39 PMYou can tune the max hud vibration to trigger at pretty much anything from my testing.

Wheel slides and suspension travel/behaviour are big things from my testing, although I prefer not to use it, as it changes from bike to bike.

(I use xbox one gamepad in GP Bikes but no feedback aside from visual/audio)

As for steering wheels, there are various steering modes for this, and each one changes the style of feedback. I read that steering mode 2 (changed in files) is much more realistic, and close to how a motorbike feels, but I just can't get my head around using a wheel and pedals for a motorbike controller so don't use it.

As a result someone else may be able to go more into detail than me on that
Thank you very much.
Can you propose to me any specific topic for maxHUD ?

doohan

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on November 21, 2019, 09:57:49 PMThere is. What controller are you using?

I use gamepad or Arduino or Logitech G25 wheel.I am interested in Arduino output (as a value ?).

Myst1cPrun3

https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=79.0

there is a tonne of info, and a download link on this thread. If its not there its probably not anywhere

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doohan on November 22, 2019, 07:29:02 PM
Quote from: Chris_Beeves on November 21, 2019, 09:57:49 PMThere is. What controller are you using?

I use gamepad or Arduino or Logitech G25 wheel.I am interested in Arduino output (as a value ?).

What Arduino output are you interested in? Telemetry or ffb?

G25 works great and is pretty much plug n' play depending on how you want to use it.
I had to try..

doohan

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on November 22, 2019, 08:27:49 PM
Quote from: doohan on November 22, 2019, 07:29:02 PM

What Arduino output are you interested in? Telemetry or ffb?

G25 works great and is pretty much plug n' play depending on how you want to use it.
I am interested in telemetry (speed) and ffb .As values in Arduino.Trying to guide my own ffb system.

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doohan on November 22, 2019, 09:35:01 PMI am interested in telemetry (speed) and ffb .As values in Arduino.Trying to guide my own ffb system.

Sounds interesting!
Getting both telemetry data and ffb to one unit will require quite some programming in both windows and Arduino. What do you want to build?
I had to try..

doohan

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on November 23, 2019, 06:58:29 AM
Quote from: doohan on November 22, 2019, 09:35:01 PMI am interested in telemetry (speed) and ffb .As values in Arduino.Trying to guide my own ffb system.

Sounds interesting!
Getting both telemetry data and ffb to one unit will require quite some programming in both windows and Arduino. What do you want to build?

A steering driving system

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doohan on November 23, 2019, 10:13:08 AM

Sounds interesting!

But using your G25 is not an option? What more functions do you want?

I had to try..

doohan

November 23, 2019, 11:34:44 AM #14 Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:45:25 PM by doohan
Quote from: Chris_Beeves on November 23, 2019, 11:23:31 AM
Quote from: doohan on November 23, 2019, 10:13:08 AM

Sounds interesting!
Not the right feeling + not enough torque.

But using your G25 is not an option? What more functions do you want?

Not the right feeling + not enough torque.