• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:37 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ride 4 Confirmed

Started by Myst1cPrun3, December 04, 2019, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

So milestone revealed ride 4 today..

Thoughts?

Hawk

Just one thought...... The gravy train continues.....

I bet there is nothing new in there that couldn't have been put in as an update to Ride 1, 2 or 3.....

Milestone are taking people for a ride! LOL!! ;D

Pun intended.  ;)  :P

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on December 04, 2019, 06:50:17 PMJust one thought...... The gravy train continues.....

I bet there is nothing new in there that couldn't have been put in as an update to Ride 1, 2 or 3.....

Milestone are taking people for a ride! LOL!! ;D

Pun intended.  ;)  :P

There won't be anything that couldn't have been on previous games.

Way I've always seen it is that ride 3 was a 'stopgap' to port all the assets from the old engine to the new one, so it was a bit crap, and felt a bit rushed.

Motogp 18 was the same, bit rushed, bit crap.

But once the assets got ported over motogp 19 was the one of the best motogp games milestone have released, if not the best, as they could focus on improvements and not effectively just 'getting it to work'

I expect a similar pattern with ride 4, having a bit more content, but the game knhe whole being better.

Its also being marketed as 'realistic' which gets me wondering just what they're planning?

Maybe the 'pro' mode will be full simulation....

But it's milestone so anything can happen

(also its going to be the first release since being taken over by thq nordic, so IDK of that'll mean anything but it's fun to throw into the 'rumour mill' lol)

KG_03

Milestone admited that MotoGP 18 was released in rush and it wasn't the way they wanted. Ride 3 was also made in hurry, lots of elements like bike models/helmets/leathers/parts were taken out directly from Ride 2.

I dont expect that Ride 4 will be major step up or a brand new game made from zero. All I look forward to is improved physics, multiplayer features and bug fixes. I wish they also added customisable field of view, but its a thing I asked for a long time and they never implemented that.

I think that custom FOV will convince more people to play onboard camera. For me the helmet camera angle was way too wide. Bikes were too stable and off track grip was ridiculously high. When racing online people were constantly shortcutting going off track not even suffering from high time penalty. I didnt like that.

Nonetheless the tracks to choose from in Ride 3 were fantastic. I wish they didnt remove them in Ride 4 and add few more like Paul Ricard circuit, Suzuka, Horice road track, Le Mans.

Hawk

What gets me is that all the things suggested here could and should be updates that could be downloaded free to the previous version of the game....

Don't get me wrong, I understand that they need money to continue developing the game, but I'm sure many of the add-on bikes/equipment, etc, etc could have been premium DLC content instead of having to pay full price for another version of the game that should've been an update to the previous versions.

It's a con-job and a gravy train that people seem to have been brain-washed into thinking that this kind of practice is acceptable..... I'm just surprised that you all are not up in arms about the practice and refuse to be part of it..... Let's face it, your being conned guys, but while you all just accept it they will continue to do it!

All i'll say is that Milestone and other devs that do the same things must be rubbing their hands together & having a right good laugh at just how dumb the gaming public have become over the years. Lol!

matty0l215

Gotta milk the Cash Cow while it still produces Milk  ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Gzehoo

Quote from: HawkWhat gets me is that all the things suggested here could and should be updates that could be downloaded free to the previous version of the game....

Don't get me wrong, I understand that they need money to continue developing the game, but I'm sure many of the add-on bikes/equipment, etc, etc could have been premium DLC content instead of having to pay full price for another version of the game that should've been an update to the previous versions.

I have similar thoughs.

There should be just one game and every next/previous season of MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 as buyable DLC, while the studio would just update/improve the game with fixing any bugs.

I remember when I was angry because I bought SBK 2011 and the next game (SBK Generations) contains 4 seasons of WorldSBK/WorldSSP/STK1000! So instead of buying previous game I could just wait one more year and save my money for the game which is nothing more than content merged from its predessors.

Hawk

Quote from: Gzehoo on December 05, 2019, 08:15:32 PM
Quote from: HawkWhat gets me is that all the things suggested here could and should be updates that could be downloaded free to the previous version of the game....

I have similar thoughts.

There should be just one game and every next/previous season of MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 as buyable DLC, while the studio would just update/improve the game with fixing any bugs.

I remember when I was angry because I bought SBK 2011 and the next game (SBK Generations) contains 4 seasons of WorldSBK/WorldSSP/STK1000! So instead of buying previous game I could just wait one more year and save my money for the game which is nothing more than content merged from its predecessors.

Well said Gzehoo...... I'm glad someone still has the common sense to see what's happening. ;D  ;)

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 05, 2019, 05:09:07 PMGotta milk the Cash Cow while it still produces Milk  ;D

Lol! Yeah they certainly do that mate.... Nasty business, eh..... It'll all come crashing down around their ears when the majority of people wake-up and stop buying games again(like the previous game-sales depression we went through) cause they realise it's all just the same old stuff just regurgitated out again and again all tarted-up with the latest eye-candy advances..... Mark my words cause it seems they never learn. Lol! ;D 

KG_03

I see your pont, and I agree with that. I just dont know how much things like licences, sound recording etc cost. If we want for example new content and tracks how much will it cost. I just dont know thats why its hard for me to judge if the money they get from games are robbed or well earned.

I have tried Ride 3 today and this game is almost unplayable. Bikes handle so bad, they go wide, are understeery. Field of view is way too wide, with camera position in helmet camera cover the view with windshield that is not fully transparent.

I really hope that they will improve that. 

-aGy-

im waiting for ride 8 with proper physics.

-aGy-

Quote from: KG_03 on December 05, 2019, 10:15:40 PMI see your pont, and I agree with that. I just dont know how much things like licences, sound recording etc cost. If we want for example new content and tracks how much will it cost. I just dont know thats why its hard for me to judge if the money they get from games are robbed or well earned.

I have tried Ride 3 today and this game is almost unplayable. Bikes handle so bad, they go wide, are understeery. Field of view is way too wide, with camera position in helmet camera cover the view with windshield that is not fully transparent.

hey. you need ride3_fovchangerupdate8. it works only suprise update 8

KG_03

I have used that FOV software. But its annoying to use it everytime I launch the game, I dont think it is hard to implement it as a game option.

Hawk

Quote from: KG_03 on December 05, 2019, 10:15:40 PMI see your pont, and I agree with that. I just dont know how much things like licences, sound recording etc cost. If we want for example new content and tracks how much will it cost. I just dont know thats why its hard for me to judge if the money they get from games are robbed or well earned.

Usually the dev company will negotiate and agree to a certain percentage of the gross sales for each unit sold in any product license deals. ;)

KG_03

oh I understand. Thanks for expelantion. So its not like they pay once for a licenced name/product in the game. I thought its like this.

-aGy-

Quote from: KG_03 on December 06, 2019, 07:49:49 AMI have used that FOV software. But its annoying to use it everytime I launch the game, I dont think it is hard to implement it as a game option.

of course you have. hey how about tweakin ulster gp 0.6 and make it better?its best road track out there and im bored to drive these same tracks all over again.community why not make proper road tracks?so i can play again this great game. and some bikes not motogp its so boring.