• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

First person cam matching the rider head position (NO VR!)

Started by Vini, April 21, 2019, 03:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

Quote from: passerBy on April 21, 2019, 10:48:54 PM"My point is that no matter how you configure the settings at the moment, it will never look real because the 1p view position is simply wrong."
Well, it will only look real with VR anyway...
No shit dude but not everybody has that kind of money to spare. Also adds nothing to the discussion.

Quote from: passerBy on April 21, 2019, 10:48:54 PMIn a nutshell: you are suggesting me to try more realistic view settings (already tried, like my settings better), I'm suggesting you to try a more realistic steering (just so that you could see for yourself a little change to the view could make a lot of difference). So I guess we are at an impasse here...
Then again, why are you so against a third FPV camera anyway? It's not like GP Bikes has a lot of first person cameras to begin with.
I don't care how it's implemented but you are completely derailing this thread by bringing up VR, head tracking and direct steering.
All of that simply has nothing to do with the fact that the current first person view is flawed and not realistic. This isn't a matter of opinion: The helmet view does not match the helmet's position so it is wrong.
Again, I don't care how you play the game and I am not trying to get you to change any settings. You use whatever settings you like.
I'll just have you know that the rotating helmet overlay does in fact work very well as a lean angle indicator because it offers a much more consistent reference than the cockpit of the bike.

Lastly, even if it would be relevant to this discussion, I still don't believe that the view moving a bit further down during cornering will make the game unplayable for you because the precise position of the 1p cam is different for every bike anyway.

Myst1cPrun3

I agree there are things that can be done to, say, reduce the playable impact of the issue, if its even a big issue at all, which is what I feel the rest of this thread appeared to highlight. (only reason I got involved was to clear up some things in th evideo regarding FOVs and how the movement became like that etc)
I personally understand what you mean vini, and It would be nice to see this implemented in another 1p view like was metioned here:

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on April 21, 2019, 11:20:49 PMAs for the in game character vs camera positioning, the one we have now is a good balance I feel between moving and not being over exaggerated like the real movement has the potential to be, although a 3rd 1p camera option with this as a setting would be a nice compromise. Or at least some sliders.

If I'm not mistaken, Milestones 'SBK X' had the 1p view change depending on what riding style you were in, and it actually matched up in replays as well.
(May have been another SBK Game not sure, but a milestone game did have this, I remember there being some upset as it was taken out, possibly for the jump to the next gen of consoles. (XBOX ONE and PS4)

PS: Sorry for hijacking your thread sorry LOL

Vini

yeah and sorry for getting a bit aggressive here but it's hard enough to get piboso to notice these suggestions as it is.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on April 25, 2019, 05:17:14 PMyeah and sorry for getting a bit aggressive here but it's hard enough to get piboso to notice these suggestions as it is.

Amen to that. Is there not a way to tag them, like an empty quote or something?

Vini

poumpouny

I think it simply sould be a slider like the (look to apex) slider, So if Vini like exact matching with the rider head he just has to slide full match, and if passerby like how it is now, then he slide it back .....