• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:54:48 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gamepad with Real FFB

Started by maggikk22, February 26, 2020, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggikk22

Hi guys,

Let's admit you have built your own controller with FFB system. Would GP Bikes recognize it and allow the force feedback to be enabled?
Or is it mandatory to use an official (modified) racing wheel?

Another question: is it possible to use a controller that is connected with 2 USB ports? Actually, I'm thinking about adding a kind of FFB system on a standard gamepad...
The gamepad would use 1 port. The FFB system would use a 2nd port.

poumpouny

What do you means by ffb ? cause i don't get how a ffb could work on a game pad ..... for the question, gpbikes output ffb, it's a question of the controller who listen to it and translate it to your ffb motor.

maggikk22

GP Bikes does not always output the ffb.
You need to enable ffb.
But the option is greyed with standard controller.

I've seen people making their own racing wheel with Arduino. If I do something similar, will GP Bikes allow ffb in the settings?

The 2nd question is: I use a standard gamepad, I "want" to add an Arduino and a mini motor that affects the joystick movements, in order to create a sort of ffb effect.
I will end up with 2 connections (USB): 1 for the gamepad, and 1 for the ffb system. Any chance for it to work?

poumpouny

When i say gpbikes output ffb, i mean you can extract ffb data via arduino for example, as you can extract lot of telemetry data, wich is used for exemple in the MaxHud plugin or even in motion playseat. So the answer is yes.
For the second question, yes GPbikes can handle multiple input. for exemple here :
I've used 2 cheap controller for the steering and the pedal and then my phone's gyroscope and virtual joystic as a third input to control rider lean ! So the answer is also Yes !

maggikk22

Good to know!
I'll try to find the ffb info in the udp message...

Thank you !

maggikk22

This is my force feedback system for a standard gamepad (DS4):

I can now feel the wobbling and the grip losses directly in the gamepad!

Chris_Beeves

:D
Hahaa, a wonderful little piece of ingenuity! Good job!
What did you end up using? Udp or HID?
I had to try..

maggikk22

March 01, 2020, 05:58:02 PM #7 Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 05:59:48 PM by maggikk22
thank you...
I used UDP, as I already had the code I made for the dash...

Chris_Beeves

Cool, hadn't seen your dash either!
Hats' off!
I had to try..

poumpouny

Vini

That's crazy man. Please show us how to build that.
This could be a gamechanger. Proper feedback from the bike without needing an expensive handlebar controller.
Have you thought about selling this as a kit with the programmed chip?

maggikk22

Yes I am building a 3D printed version instead of Lego.
Once finished (soon), I will think about selling it. ;)

Vini

March 04, 2020, 02:24:02 PM #12 Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:28:16 PM by Vini
YEAH BUDDY!!!!!!

Will you make a version for the Xbox gamepad, too?

Also, can you still use the right stick properly with this construction?

Man, I can't imagine how awesome it must be to actually feel when the front slips or the rear steps out. Truely next level. You have to follow through with this :D :D

maggikk22

Yes you can use the right joystick without any problem. (I don't use it).
I may build something similar for the Xbox controller. Let me realease this one first... ;D

Vini

Ok, just sayin' because there is probably much greater overall demand for an Xbox version.