• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:02:20 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Updated Cadwell?

Started by Harrytmj66, February 26, 2020, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrytmj66

Hi everyone.

I remember maybe a year ago that somebody was doing an updated Cadwell? I wonder if anyone is still doing it?
The version that somebody made for AC is excellent.

Myst1cPrun3

GP Bikes doesn't seem to like 'the mountain' physics wise. On anything above 125 it's virtually impossible. That's why there isn't one to my knowledge

connorhall70

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 27, 2020, 08:44:27 AMGP Bikes doesn't seem to like 'the mountain' physics wise. On anything above 125 it's virtually impossible. That's why there isn't one to my knowledge
no its not? ur just REALLY bad at the game???
GanjaGod

Myst1cPrun3

February 27, 2020, 06:44:56 PM #3 Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:07:53 PM by Myst1cPrun3
No where have I ever said I was good :'D

But it's still true. GP bikes doesn't like any harsh elevation/camber changes in the physics. This area needs optimising imo.

There have been a few attempts as cadwell, even the AC conversion, but due to GP Bikes physics impacting the ridability and quality they were not released.

It has nothing to do with skill, just simple fact.

Hawk

February 29, 2020, 12:28:14 PM #4 Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:39:50 PM by Hawk
I agree with Mystic. GPBikes does have a problem with elevation and camber changes on tracks(has been that way for as long as I can remember), and it's not the tracks it's the physics simulation of GPBikes that has an issue there somewhere which only Piboso can sort out. Just wish he'd sort out problems like this rather than many of the other lesser needed features that he works on, after all, surely as a dev, one gets the major issues sorted first before starting to do all the spit and polish work? Just my opinion. ;)  :)

Piboso's recent work on the slipper clutch and the multiplayer client efficiency is the kind of work we want to see more of, but worked on until he has got it working properly and not to get side-tracked onto starting another feature addition before that work is complete. Personally it frustrates the hell out of me that Piboso keeps flitting about between features and starting others before he's properly finished one. :o  ;)  :)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on February 29, 2020, 12:28:14 PMJust wish he'd sort out problems like this rather than many of the other lesser needed features that he works on, after all, surely as a dev, one gets the major issues sorted first before starting to do all the spit and polish work? Just my opinion. ;)  :)

Piboso's recent work on the slipper clutch and the multiplayer client efficiency is the kind of work we want to see more of, but worked on until he has got it working properly and not to get side-tracked onto starting another feature addition before that work is complete. Personally it frustrates the hell out of me that Piboso keeps flitting about between features and starting others before he's properly finished one. :o  ;)  :)

^^ +1

connorhall70

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 27, 2020, 06:44:56 PMNo where have I ever said I was good :'D

But it's still true. GP bikes doesn't like any harsh elevation/camber changes in the physics. This area needs optimising imo.

There have been a few attempts as cadwell, even the AC conversion, but due to GP Bikes physics impacting the ridability and quality they were not released.

It has nothing to do with skill, just simple fact.
cadwell park's mountain is not really an issue for gpbikes. you just line it up so u have no steering input whilst you go over the hill... its literally like u would in real life. sure, carry too much speed and angle into the corner prior and when you hit the elevation the front will probably wash out, but the same happens on victoria. and that track is probably used more than any other on gpbikes. you just learn to ride around these things, the old version of cadwell was trash, but it was not unridable. i done plenty of laps there on multiple bikes and the mountain was never impossible. it might be clunky, but it works, if you're willing to learn how to actually ride around the elevation issues, we do it on every other track with elevation so i dont get why you make cadwell out to be impossible. thats what makes u look bad, the fact u look at it and without even trying ur basically going 'yeah nah cadwell is impossible on gpbikes'
GanjaGod

connorhall70

Quote from: Hawk on February 29, 2020, 12:28:14 PMsurely as a dev, one gets the major issues sorted first before starting to do all the spit and polish work?

watch what you say, PEASANT! piboso's bum boys will come and report your post for shitting on their holy god developer piboso.

mate honestly ive been saying what you've just said for years now. ive complained about the state of development for years. you would think the customers would agree but it seems half of them just cant help but make excuses. i get hes more than likely one man developing an engine and making it work with 4 games.

i understand it is alot of time and effort and probably alot of stress too, but it seems like he doesnt really have the development mapped out well... release an update, fix bugs, work on the next release but have it fully planned out and make sure previous implementations are fully working before starting to adding new shit like you said. he does do this to a certain extent, but when we are left with broken features for 6 months with no fix and then another update comes and it still isnt fixed... i mean, he cant really expect anything other than complaints at this point. victorias tight corner still doesnt work properly and its been god knows how many years? a decade1? over that?? and yet elevation changes are still something we have to avoid... in a racing game... i do understand the frustration, but dont act like its worse than it is, yes its bad, but its not impossible. in fact it is quite easy, just not as easy as some would like lol. but hey, welcome to gpbikes. nothing here is easy. lol
GanjaGod

h106frp

February 29, 2020, 03:56:55 PM #8 Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 03:59:42 PM by h106frp
I have converted AC cadwell and tried it. The issues are with the 'S' bend uphill entry, at the speed you can wobble through it (so you cannot carry any speed) the mountain is no longer fun.

And I gave it Mystic to try out....

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: connorhall70 on February 29, 2020, 02:28:59 PMthats what makes u look bad, the fact u look at it and without even trying ur basically going 'yeah nah cadwell is impossible on gpbikes'

As h said, he gave me a version of cadwell, one which ive put over 400 laps on, on various machinery, by various people. Same result on all. As I said nothing to with skill.

As for making me look bad, I think the constant crashing does that for me :P

Quote from: h106frp on February 29, 2020, 03:56:55 PMI have converted AC cadwell and tried it. The issues are with the 'S' bend uphill entry, at the speed you can wobble through it (so you cannot carry any speed) the mountain is no longer fun.

And I gave it Mystic to try out....

yep, and i still got it, and i still ride it. And i must say once again thanks for the 'early access' i guess IDK what to call it.

Its a high quality conversion, its just the approach and ramp on the mountain, not really the actual jump, gp bikes issue not a track issue.

GP Bikes seems to slide the rears over the ground and not have much grip on over 125cc. (Not spinning wheels just crabbing like the bearings are shot, which i guess gives a wobble sensation as h stated)

Its the same on other elevations too, try riding the wrong way around victoria and the run UP lukey heights behaves the same.

Hawk

February 29, 2020, 06:23:51 PM #10 Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:25:23 PM by Hawk
Sounds like the same issue that Mallory Park used to have with the track geometry on the hairpin there?

Does the bike still seem too light at the crest of the Mountain too like it used to? As if there's no real weight in the bike?
The bikes used to gain far too much height taking off on the Mountain there last time I rode Cadwell Park, many betas ago now. Lol! ;D

Myst1cPrun3

The actual jump isn't an issue. Its actually very intuitive, and seems reasonable for landing and height behaviour, but it varies bike to bike, or perhaps Mod to mod.

but over all the actual jump/landing part seems sorted.

Just the approach really.

Vini

May 05, 2020, 08:38:25 PM #12 Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:58:32 PM by Vini
...Sooo, could you share that top-secret track with us peasents as well?

connorhall70

just give us the track noobz!
GanjaGod