• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Damage in crashes

Started by JOACKO172, February 29, 2020, 05:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOACKO172

Maybe it would be a good adition to this simulator to give modders the posibilities to detach some parts of the bike and in case of a big crash make this peaces fall of the bike and decrease the performance, something like rfactor.

Hawk

February 29, 2020, 05:29:45 PM #1 Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 05:31:52 PM by Hawk
Quote from: JOACKO172 on February 29, 2020, 05:11:24 PMMaybe it would be a good addition to this simulator to give modders the possibilities to detach some parts of the bike and in case of a big crash make those pieces fall off the bike and decrease the performance, something like rfactor.

+1 Good idea mate! ;)  8)

Myst1cPrun3

id go more beam ng

have a poly map or something that can move or bend certain parts, depending on a pre-determined material in the names of the objects. Similar to trackasph1/2/3 etc. Like Plastic or Steel or so on.

that way the polys can get deformed and have a more realistic look to them, as well as fall off

thus giving a more accurate damage model? not sure on logistics to implement that however

Hawk

+1  ;)
Now that would be even better Mystic, though like you say, not sure if GPBikes engine could manage that?

Myst1cPrun3

I can hear it screaming from here

Hawk

h106frp

The way the old superbikes game did damage was simple and effective, just some extra texture files with bits of broken fairing drawin using the alpha channel and some dirt and scratches drawn in. MXB already has dirt layering so I would not expect this to be beyond the abilities of the current engine

Hawk

It does bring back thoughts that Piboso would be so much better-off switching to the Unreal 4 Engine which already has these features built into it and any other features he'd need there ready to use rather than Piboso having to take time out of project development to add this feature to his engine, right? Anyone else get this feeling too?

doubledragoncc

+1000 Hawk and it in order to beat the big guys you HAVE to have the graphics today of UE4

I try promoting GPB but companies always end up using bloody Milestone games

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 01, 2020, 09:10:30 AM+1000 Hawk and it in order to beat the big guys you HAVE to have the graphics today of UE4

I try promoting GPB but companies always end up using bloody Milestone games

DD

Yep, totally agree with you DD! ;)

I personally think there this is a case of old fashioned indie-dev ego and stubbornness on Piboso's part that he cannot apparently see not only the benefits of using UE4, but also that the indie-dev workflow has changed over the last decade-plus..... It just doesn't make any sense anymore for an indie dev to be building their own game engines from scratch and not to be using one of the major game SDK engine packages, but especially Epics UE4 with it being such a professionally supported outfit and piece of kit in comparison to any other, in my opinion.

VSMaster

Quote from: Hawk on February 29, 2020, 11:52:33 PMIt does bring back thoughts that Piboso would be so much better-off switching to the Unreal 4 Engine which already has these features built into it and any other features he'd need there ready to use rather than Piboso having to take time out of project development to add this feature to his engine, right? Anyone else get this feeling too?

Switching to UE4? Goodbye Gpbikes for me then XD
Always on the edge

Hawk

Quote from: VSMaster on March 06, 2020, 10:35:19 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 29, 2020, 11:52:33 PMIt does bring back thoughts that Piboso would be so much better-off switching to the Unreal 4 Engine which already has these features built into it and any other features he'd need there ready to use rather than Piboso having to take time out of project development to add this feature to his engine, right? Anyone else get this feeling too?

Switching to UE4? Goodbye Gpbikes for me then XD

Why would that be mate? :)

Myst1cPrun3

Because his pc has the power of a potato, I think he runs intel integrated graphics.... He gets 40fps on gpb as is looking at his screenshots in discord.

poumpouny

Bye bye VR also, if just look at the ACC case !

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on March 09, 2020, 02:14:45 PMBye bye VR also, if just look at the ACC case !

Dev issues mate, not UE4 issues..... You'd be better saying bye bye ACC hello rfactor 2! Lol! ;D