• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

State of the Union ( GPB beta16 and beyond )

Started by PiBoSo, July 01, 2019, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: JOACKO172 on August 08, 2019, 10:33:10 PM
Quote from: totorox on August 08, 2019, 08:17:58 PMWill it fix the lose of front wheels with many bikes like M20 ?
+1 to this, i don´t like any bike in this game since the new beta in exception of the eme18e and the ktm rc250r.

The 2018 WSSPs are good too.

PiBoSo

October 28, 2019, 10:49:12 PM #16 Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:10:34 AM by PiBoSo
A quick recap and update on development plans.

After the original post, there were:
- an MXB update and several patches in July
- a KRP update in August
- Beta16 of GPB was finally released last month. Unfortunately it didn't have all the planned improvements

Then, at the beginning of this month, a new MXB build was released. It was an important one, because it was the first on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/655500/MX_Bikes/

Sadly it wasn't possible to immediately go back to the other projects, as there are a few important bugs and issues that need fixing.
An update is scheduled for the next few days.

After that, hopefully there will no more major problems and the plan is to update the modding tools and complete work on the car physics, that has been in development on and off for the past months, to finally release a long overdue new WRS build.

At the moment GP Bikes is in line immediately after WRS.

It would then be nice to prepare something for KRP and MXB in time for the Steam Winter Sale, but time is quickly running out  :'(
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Thanks for this update on your development plans Piboso....

Could you elaborate more on what update/s you have in mind for the update to the modding tools please Piboso? Thanks. ;)

PiBoSo

Mostly fixes for the models normals calculations and updates to support the latest features.

KG_03

I bought MX Bikes again on steam. I really like it and hope that your hard work will be rewarded with good sales rate.

As for GP Bikes I really hope for revised off track grip in next build :-) and maybe post processing.

PiBoSo

December 24, 2019, 09:19:45 PM #20 Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:00:27 PM by PiBoSo
Time for a long overdue update.

Unfortunately development didn't go as planned in the message at end of October.
The MX Bikes update released shortly after didn't solve the worst multiplayer bugs.
Therefore, most of November had to be spent on two patches and to update the modding tools.
MX Bikes is doing much better than expected.
Pros:
- the funds it is generating will allow all the projects to continue for a long time
- the high number of users allows to stress, debug and improve multiplayer ( that benefits all simulators )
Con:
- the flip side is that the constant influx of new users requires a lot of attention, stealing time from the other projects

Nonetheless, a KRP update is now in development. The goal was to release it before the holidays, but it wasn't ready in time, sadly.
It will be published in a few days.

After that, it will be finally possible to go back to WRS and GPB.
In the meantime, the new track has been completed. A video will be published as soon as possible.

JohnnoNinja

Thanks for the update! And thank you for still updating your software! Good to hear that MX Bikes is doing better than expected! We'll see the updates when they are there;) Enjoy the holidays Piboso!

-aGy-

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 24, 2019, 09:19:45 PMTime for a long overdue update.

Unfortunately development didn't go as planned in the message at end of October.
The MX Bikes update released shortly after didn't solve the worst multiplayer bugs.
Therefore, most of November had to be spent on two patches and to update the modding tools.
Pros:
- the funds it is generating will allow all the projects to continue for a long time
- the high number of users allows to stress, debug and improve multiplayer ( that benefits all simulators )
Con:
- the flip side is that the constant influx of new users requires a lot of attention, stealing time from the other projects

Nonetheless, a KRP update is now in development. The goal was to release it before the holidays, but it wasn't ready in time, sadly.

In the meantime, the new track has been completed. A video will be published as soon as possible.

could guess

-aGy-

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 24, 2019, 09:19:45 PMTime for a long overdue update.

Pros:
Con:

what do you mean?there is not so many riders either

Gregz0r

March 02, 2020, 02:01:09 PM #24 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:02:45 PM by Gregz0r
I know everyone on here will either think or reply with comments like 'GIT GUD n00b' etc , but could there please be _some_ stability control? Losing my mind at how the bike just keeps tipping over, under-siding, tank slapping etc, all the time.
I'm not even trying to set records, just trying to get any bike around any track at 50% speed, yet the bike keeps falling on turn-in, braking etc.
I'm using a PS4 pad.
YouTube: GregzVR - VR Gameplay. (Oculus Rift S)

Hawk

Quote from: Gregz0r on March 02, 2020, 02:01:09 PMI know everyone on here will either think or reply with comments like 'GIT GUD n00b' etc , but could there please be _some_ stability control? Losing my mind at how the bike just keeps tipping over, under-siding, tank slapping etc, all the time.
I'm not even trying to set records, just trying to get any bike around any track at 50% speed, yet the bike keeps falling on turn-in, braking etc.
I'm using a PS4 pad.

Sounds like your using a bike that isn't tuned properly in the physics department? We had a lot of this kind of issue a few betas ago and where able to tune it out in the bikes development, but it's really hard to say if it's a core physics issue or a bikeMOD dev issue cause it seems to crop back in through different beta versions for some reasons..... It could just be that the bikeMOD needs updating for this beta version of GPBikes or it could be something Piboso has wrong in the core physics somewhere? Either way it is a difficult thing to tune out of a bikeMOD in testing and you really need to know what your doing to achieve it without compromising the physics of the bike in sim.
We think it has more to do with the virtual riders reaction in that the V-rider appears to whip the bar-torque too harshly just for a fraction of a second(while leaned over) during certain controller settings which causes the front end to slide away?

Gregz0r

March 03, 2020, 12:46:37 PM #26 Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:53:29 PM by Gregz0r
It's not only losing the front at slow speeds, it's also the crazy wobbles under even moderate throttle, where I have to get off the throttle completely, or the bike goes into ever increasing wobbles, until it throws me off the bike.
I would love to know how to reduce these, or if the user can do something with tricks in a base setup.
When it feels right, it feels GREAT - even at the slow speeds I was going, but it's also so frustrating.

Hawk

Thanks for the video Gregz0r..... Yes I can see some issues just from looking at it....

From what I can see in the video I would say that the bike has what we used to call in the CAWS-Team "Wobble 30" issues(Major wobbles when changing direction). Off the top of my head I would personally say this is very likely to be a virtual rider settings issue or could be a "Centre of Gravity" issue or a combination of both, even down to the frame flex settings?

Not sure if your using the rear brake too hard or if that's engine braking that I see as your downshifting under braking into corners? If it's engine brake then the engine-brake and probably likely the engine inertia is set far too heavy for a 2-stroke engine.

Who's BikeMOD is that?

Gregz0r

Got the bike from that massive MEGA GP Bikes mod directory. The issues are with every bike though, even when I try to be ultra-smooth with my controller triggers.
Chronic understeer, and insane wobbles and general instability.

doubledragoncc

Thats one of the GP500 set from Javiliyors

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.