• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:50:35 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

State of the Union ( GPB beta16 and beyond )

Started by PiBoSo, July 01, 2019, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Gregz0r on March 04, 2020, 02:02:43 PMGot the bike from that massive MEGA GP Bikes mod directory. The issues are with every bike though, even when I try to be ultra-smooth with my controller triggers.
Chronic understeer, and insane wobbles and general instability.

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 04, 2020, 02:27:38 PMThats one of the GP500 set from Javiliyors

DD

I'll install it and give it a try.  ;)

h106frp

DId not look too bad but try and avoid dropping so many gears and carry your speed through the turns to keep the bike more settled - first is really only for slow hairpins.

Grooveski

Quote from: Gregz0r on March 03, 2020, 12:46:37 PMI would love to know how to reduce these, or if the user can do something with tricks in a base setup.
My first impressions of the suspemsion are:
Front spring rate about right but lacking damping, all moving too freely.  Increase both comp and rebound damping.
Rear too firm - reduce spring rate until bike starts squatting a little on the gas.  Can't really tell anything about rear damping until it's moving.

First thing I tend to try for reducing headshake is to increase the fork offset a bit.  If that's not enough then increasing the rake is next on the list.

Good luck. :)

h106frp

For a pre b17 mod it might be worth using debug mode to check the suspension, ride height, pre-load and tyre temps are still in/or can be adjusted to the recommended range.

PiBoSo

March 28, 2020, 11:46:05 PM #34 Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:19:29 AM by PiBoSo
Hello everyone!
Last time this thread was updated, at the end of last December, it would have been very difficult to predict the current state of the world.

In the meantime, KRP and GPB updates have been released.

At the moment a long overdue new build of MXB is in progress and should be ready in a few days.

After that, it will be mandatory to update GPB as soon as possible because:
1) the code changes that were supposed to improve the rear suspension simulation actually broke it. It was right in Beta16 and the code has been reverted to the correct one
2) the slipper clutch simulation is still bugged
3) the encryption code for modders implemented in KRP and GPB needs some fixing and improvements ( already integrated )

An update of KRP is also needed urgently.
With almost all the kart races stopped all around the globe, karters are flocking to KRP for training.

Last but not least, a forum software update is needed, because the registration captcha stopped working.
It will be done as soon as there will be some free time.

P.S.
What can we expect before the next thread update? Zombie apocalypse?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Docfumi

Hi PiBoSo, are there any plans in the works for WRS? I see you and the team have your hands full so I'm not expecting much in the way of an update but more of a future Change log if possible. Thanks
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Docfumi on March 29, 2020, 05:34:37 PMHi PiBoSo, are there any plans in the works for WRS? I see you and the team have your hands full so I'm not expecting much in the way of an update but more of a future Change log if possible. Thanks

There still are big plans for WRS.
Unfortunately it never received much, if any, attention. Therefore, at the moment it must take a step back in development because there is a lot of pressure coming from the MX Bikes and KRP communities, that keep growing very quickly.

PiBoSo

April 12, 2020, 11:22:41 PM #37 Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:45:03 AM by PiBoSo
The MX Bikes update has been released a few days ago.
Unfortunately there are several bugs and issues that need addressing as soon as possible via a patch.

Also, sadly GP Bikes must take a brief step back because at the moment there is a lot of pressure to fix some Kart Racing Pro issues for championships starting soon.

Apologies for the wait.

PiBoSo

July 15, 2020, 10:15:15 PM #38 Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:27:13 PM by PiBoSo
Since the latest post, a long train of updates has been released for Kart Racing Pro (5), MX Bikes (4) and GP Bikes (3), including the infamous Beta18c, that seems to have introduced a bug in the physics simulation.
The issue will be investigated as soon as possible.

However lately, as some may have noticed from the daily development log, the focus has been mostly on WRS.
Many think that WRS should be dropped altogether, because it cannot compete against the juggernauts on the simracing market.
They are right, WRS has no chance on the market, but I cannot let it go. Therefore the plan is to release an update as soon as possible.
The issues with the new suspensions code have been finally fixed, after much investigation and debugging. The new simulation is a big step forward, especially for dirt cars.

After the new WRS release, work will resume on GPB and MXB.
For GPB, the plan is to release an update that:
- fixes the latest physics issues
- introduces the much requested possibility to set the steer damper in the garage
- improves support for rider animations modding, that seems to be a hot topic recently

h106frp

A CarED would go a long way to generally improving the appeal of mods for WRS - I started a sidecar mod (using the invisible 4th wheel) but trying to figure out the GEOM was just a showstopper as its even more complex than GPB to sort out.

Vini

July 17, 2020, 03:39:01 PM #40 Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:45:32 PM by Vini
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 15, 2020, 10:15:15 PM- fixes the latest physics issues
Don't waste your time investigating the tankslapper problem, just revert the virtual rider code back to 18b, it was perfect.
Instead you should focus on solving the slipper clutch problem which makes the engine brake not work properly at high lean angles.

One more very simple thing: Please add alpha channel (transparency) support for rider skins so that we can hide parts of the rider model that collide/clip with the 1P view in VR/headtracking.

Vini

Please just release a quick VR hotfix before looking into new features like that.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on July 19, 2020, 12:56:24 PMPlease just release a quick VR hotfix before looking into new features like that.

Unfortunately it's not so easy.
So far investigation on the virtual rider changes has been inconclusive, with no difference between the Beta18b and Beta18c behaviour.

Maybe an intermediate ( bugged ) version of the code has been released by mistake?  :-\

PiBoSo

August 09, 2020, 11:42:03 PM #43 Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:07:28 AM by PiBoSo
Sorry for the lack of updates.
Lately development has lost direction.

The original plan was to fully concentrate on a long overdue WRS update but, despite the very positive improvements, progress slowed down considerably during the past couple weeks.
In the meantime some problems with KRP have been reported, so work on a patch started.
As time went by, there was also the necessity to start work on a new build of MXB.

Most of the fixes and improvements are shared between the projects, but jumping from one to the other is not optimal because it's easy to lose focus and momentum.
Anyway, trying to get back on track now.
The plan is now to first release the KRP update, that should be ready very soon and provide feedback on several improvements and changes.
Then hopefully WRS, MXB and GPB development will regain pace.

h106frp

August 10, 2020, 12:24:18 AM #44 Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:35:39 AM by matty0l215
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 09, 2020, 11:23:15 PM
Quote from: Vini on July 19, 2020, 12:56:24 PMPlease just release a quick VR hotfix before looking into new features like that.

Unfortunately it's not so easy.
So far investigation on the virtual rider changes has been inconclusive, with no difference between the Beta18b and Beta18c behaviour.

Maybe an intermediate ( bugged ) version of the code has been released by mistake?  :-\

After a lot of 18b laps my first impression of 18c was significant understeer, trying to fix it just lead to excessive lean angles and all the problems that creates with any form of camber. Personally, my first thought was tyre profile issues.