• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:11:12 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Damage in crashes

Started by JOACKO172, February 29, 2020, 05:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I can run pcars 2 on max graphics settings on my rig in VR, looks amazing and I get full frames.

I cant run unreal engine games, no matter what, on max graphics settings in VR.

Reasons are iffy, some developer, some engine, all I can say its the oculus has the potential to look great despite the relatively low res displays. (Its really not noticeable when in game)
I do have VR GP Bikes vids (on Max settings) on my YT, but YT compresses them so much they look bad even at 1080p 60fps (I started doing 1440p recently with new internet upload speeds its possible now lol) so I wouldn't watch those unless on a phone, as the smaller pixels make it crisper

Well atm I can't run anything in VR as its broke, hopefully being fixed monday so I should be able to show some vids if you'd like when I get it back. :)

VSMaster

There is damage in WRS why not trying to add it in GP Bikes with the possibility also to make the bike dirtier when crashing or with some scratch.
Always on the edge

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on March 13, 2020, 07:18:59 PMI can run pcars 2 on max graphics settings on my rig in VR, looks amazing and I get full frames.

I cant run unreal engine games, no matter what, on max graphics settings in VR.

Reasons are iffy, some developer, some engine, all I can say its the oculus has the potential to look great despite the relatively low res displays. (Its really not noticeable when in game)
I do have VR GP Bikes vids (on Max settings) on my YT, but YT compresses them so much they look bad even at 1080p 60fps (I started doing 1440p recently with new internet upload speeds its possible now lol) so I wouldn't watch those unless on a phone, as the smaller pixels make it crisper

Well atm I can't run anything in VR as its broke, hopefully being fixed monday so I should be able to show some vids if you'd like when I get it back. :)

It would be interesting to see mate..... Also be good to see these unreal games that you say won't run on max graphics(I presume they run but just don't look or run good?) as a kind of comparison. Thanks mate! ;)  8)

poumpouny

Here you go ! same graphic card (1080ti), even lower cpu !

Hawk

Thanks for that poumpouny, but you seem to be saying, "Look at this. This works fine, why doesn't ACC work as well if the UE4 engine is so good"? Am I correct?

One massive difference is that the devs for project cars 2 have created their own engine and know exactly how to design the game for it.
Devs, who are especially new to UE4, have to learn what is the best way to design such a game for UE4 and it's features. This is what I've been trying to tell you, that ACC is Kunos's first development in UE4, and just like Milestone, they will as they get more knowledgeable with UE4 be able to optimise the shortcomings of ACC better either next time out or via an update patch, just depends on if they feel they'd have to re-write the whole game to get it working more efficiently or whether it's just a case of altering or rewriting some code. But one thing for sure if you use your common sense, you cannot just turn around and say that UE4, which is the best AAA game SDK in the market, is crap. So many major AAA game developers are now taking up UE4 as their development SDK tool that what your saying about UE4 is a nonsense.
If Kunos is having VR issues with ACC, then the chances are it's down to their design and work on ACC being at fault and not UE4's fault.

What I would like to see is the games that run well with VR on UE4..... Surely you can't tell me that there are none, cause if that's the case then devs wouldn't be turning to UE4 for developing their games, especially the major AAA game devs.
On top of that, if there did turn out to be an issue with the UE4 SDK engine then Epic would be onto it as a top priority given the interest in VR usage in games these days. But I don't hear or know of any complaints from developers about any UE4 engine VR issues, that should tell you everything.

No mate, no disrespect intended, but your attitude towards the UE4 engine just doesn't hold-up. You sound as though you are dismissing UE4 simply cause of a few devs who've screwed up their VR in their games rather than looking under the bonnet for the real issues causing those problems.

poumpouny

I never say UE4 was crap  ??? as you said there's a lot of AAA games that run flawlessly in VR in UE4  , i said UE4 is not optimised to run games who need lot's of physics calculation (for the player itself and for the AI) and in the meantime run it in VR and in beautifull eyecandy graphic !. Or may be it's the current gen of hardware wich is not ready !

So now let's back to the core of the discution, so you think if GPB switch to UE4, Pibosso will master UE4 better than the Kunos Team (several very skilled guy) and will port GPB to UE4 which will run flawlessly with beautiful graphic even in VR ?

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on March 15, 2020, 12:50:24 PMI never say UE4 was crap  ??? as you said there's a lot of AAA games that run flawlessly in VR in UE4  , i said UE4 is not optimised to run games who need lot's of physics calculation (for the player itself and for the AI) and in the meantime run it in VR and in beautifull eyecandy graphic !. Or may be it's the current gen of hardware wich is not ready !

So now let's back to the core of the discution, so you think if GPB switch to UE4, Pibosso will master UE4 better than the Kunos Team (several very skilled guy) and will port GPB to UE4 which will run flawlessly with beautiful graphic even in VR ?

To be honest, I don't care anymore whether Piboso switches to UE4 or not cause going from past experience I doubt very very much he will even consider it mate. :)

VSMaster

Quote from: VSMaster on March 13, 2020, 08:57:01 PMThere is damage in WRS why not trying to add it in GP Bikes with the possibility also to make the bike dirtier when crashing or with some scratch.
Always on the edge