• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:54:57 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

animation pivots issue

Started by h106frp, March 28, 2020, 10:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

When using shapeanim is the animation always linked to the topmost bike object pivot?

i.e. if trying to animate something on the steer is it always linke to the steer pivot? I am trying to animate relative to the brake lever pivot but my animation appears locked to the steer pivot although I have a pivot at the correct position on the brake lever. in the video you can see the brake pull block animation slides correctly when the steer is rotated but simply pivots when the lever is pulled - it should be the other way around. Could the animation be linked to the first pivot encountered in the hierarchy as this would appear much more flexible in application.

Thank you.

Manu

The brake lever, clutch, etc do not use shapeanim. You only need to place the rotation pivot of each lever and then indicate the instances on the bike gfx.cfg
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

h106frp

March 28, 2020, 01:23:46 PM #2 Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:26:38 PM by h106frp
I was trying to add a bit of 'extra' using animation. Levers etc pivot OK but I wanted to add the cables as they become exposed between perch and lever and have the twin pull block for the front brake cables slide in its housing. Just for eye candy really but I think I would run into the same problem with a steer mounted damper.

Already have levers pivoting, front brake cables conduits animated for suspension movement and clutch and brake cables animated for stretching as steer pivots in 1P view.