• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:51:48 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rim blur?

Started by VSMaster, April 26, 2020, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMaster

Hello everyone

Someone knows how to make the rims blur? I know it's possible but I can't make them from the texture, or it depends from the texture "shape"?
Always on the edge

Daddi80

as always...no one reply....:(

VSMaster

Always on the edge

matty0l215

This is more a question for Piboso

Not many people know this sort of thing....
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

giopanda

maybe i can help!
mind that i did it on mxbikes so maybe the texturing system works a bit differently..
but basically the rim blur it's just a blurred texture.
i uvmapped the rims (and the wheel itself) as rectangles, so to have them blurred i just applied motion blur in photoshop.
in case you have them in circle just apply radial blur.
then follow the naming convention (again, if it's the same as in mxb) described here
Tyres

but if you're talking about the rims 'spokes' then i don't know..and i actually think it's not possible, that's why blurring the texture is a bit useless, because in screenshots you have blurred tire logos but the spokes are still..

VSMaster

It's possible.  Javi told me how to but it's complicated
Always on the edge

giopanda

is it possible to actually blur the 3d model?
interesting

Manu

July 01, 2020, 10:22:54 PM #7 Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:55:03 AM by Manu
It is not possible to blur a 3d object.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Myst1cPrun3

Pibosos M2 does it.

If you watch the wheels they like flick to a 2d version at a certain speed (assuming it's an LOD change) and then blurs

But the effect looks much worse than just leaving it alone

Manu

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 02, 2020, 08:41:25 AMPibosos M2 does it.

If you watch the wheels they like flick to a 2d version at a certain speed (assuming it's an LOD change) and then blurs

But the effect looks much worse than just leaving it alone

There is no 3D blur on the M2 rims. It is simply a blurry texture that is activated when the wheel is moving. A separate 3d model with a blurred texture must be used.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.