• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:10:03 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

File Auto-Gen Programs

Started by Myst1cPrun3, February 14, 2020, 12:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I've been delving into mods, and, being a bit dumb at some points, there are things that confuse me, so I'm hoping that they can be cleared up in this thread.

1)
As I said in the bike physics thread, the BikeEd seems to have some little oddities in the way it does calculations and naming, so clearing that up would be lovely.

Thread: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=8189.msg103822#new

2)
Tyres - I believe I have a little bit of understanding on how the tyre files cfg work, but I am not anywhere near confident on something like Pacejkas Magic formula.

I am going to be reading up on it a little to help myself, but as a newbie, it can be quite intimidating.

I have noticed a program called MaxTyre and this seems to show tyre behaviour. Although again, without an understanding of the magic formula, I don't know enough about it to utilise it fully.

As a result I was wondering if it'd be possible for a program to be created with some basic input values, that then auto-generates a correctly formatted tyre cfg based off these.

Values like 'maximum lean angle' (for flat uncambered surfaces) and then a +/- angle that can be used in ch
Canging cambers and track profiles.

Then input tyre size, in actual sizes, (like 190/55/17) or some such (that may not be a real size but you get the idea)

Maybe have a baseline to adjust the radius and those values automatically, per manufacturer?

A tool would also help tyre handling as some tyres don't behave 'well' shall we say, so it could be beneficial for both Pib and Modders.

I would love something like that.

3)
You could even take it one step further and have a bike.cfg editor, that does the maths for you.

Add the masses, lever travels and all that, and have inertias and forces and such Calculated accurately without the need for users to do the calculations, which for unknowing people new to the process could be a bit hard.

As well as that a streamlined GUI could make the massive 'wall of text' that is a cfg easier to look at and understand.

I don't know if I'm the only person that feels like this, but I know the tyre program would be used if it exists.

Myst1cPrun3