• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Camera shake on some tracks

Started by davidboda46, May 26, 2020, 12:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Has anyone figured out why the camera shakes (especially at low speeds) on some tracks? And does anyone have a solution for the problem? See example video, it's very obvious around 10 seconds in.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

h106frp

Must admit I have struggled with this and it appears to be related to the new lower chassis inertias in b17, if you go back to the 'old' range of values its barely noticeable but you are a long way from the M2 reference. Tried various combinations of stiffness/damping but its seems difficult to tune out - very easy to make it much worse. Crashes look a lot more convincing with the new range and the bikes roll axis is much better, maybe it will be improved with b18 physics tuning.

Vini

I agree that it seems to be related to the bike chassis being too stiff.

h106frp

Not sure its the stiffness so much as the damping value and the whole thing being amplified by the new lower inertais. I am a bit confused as to the forcing mechanism as its obvious when dawdling along at low speed that the vibration is lateral (so not suspension) and I would have thought we would be modelling the lateral forces of cornering or rapid direction change.

I have asked what the units are for damping as it would be nice to know what sort of scale we are working on, by trial and error a lower value appears to reduce the effect but it would be nice to have some desciption as to how the physical chassis model is assembled