• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:27:52 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Fbx export empty in FBX2EDF (any testing file?)

Started by davidpilny, June 07, 2020, 09:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidpilny

Hi, I created a simple fbx track mesh, but the FBX2EDF always export empty files. Could anyone check my fbx file and hint what might be wrong?

Or does anyone has fbx file that they could share so I could test converting it and checking what is different to my file?

Thank you!

h106frp

June 07, 2020, 10:26:57 PM #1 Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:59:52 PM by h106frp
Tracks are normally a .map file for the 3D model and a .trp for the collisions - What do you see in mapviewer and tracked? One error is scaling (ie its way too small/big) try adding a segment in tracked and see if it looks OK

davidpilny

June 08, 2020, 09:24:00 PM #2 Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 09:48:18 PM by davidpilny
I tested adding the segment and it shows ok. I think the problem is the FBX2EDF just does not export anything, because my .trp has only 112b. After adding 3 segments and saving, the size went up to 404b. So it seems nothing is getting exported out of the .fbx but I dont know why. In both tracked and mapped I just see nothing.

I have attached all the files with max model if anyone has a chance to look at it. In the model I only have Editable Poly. Should I see also some other objects like Spline or Surface?

Or ff anyone would be able to some .fbx or .max file which is working for them I would be happy for that so I can test it.

Hawk

Are you exporting your scene  .fbx file from your 3D app as an ASC .fbx, or as a binary .fbx file?

TimboC137

June 09, 2020, 10:05:31 AM #4 Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:33:57 PM by TimboC137
Did you give your track mesh a texture? Although, I think it should still show in mapviewer without it.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do? Are you trying to export a .fbx  or a .map  or a .trp?

If you are creating a track mesh in 3dsmax, then just export using the EDF file type in the drop down menu, then selecting map option, or collision option.

h106frp

Here is a complete folder with everthing included to test conversion. Tested building the .map using the included fbx2edf_x64.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJM0b3xSxRK-8rnmqUte9KwUWN1HVXIY/view?usp=sharing
It should build a very large .map of a famous island that you can fly around in GPB mapviewer , it has double mapped texture applied over all the terrain - so its a reasonable test.

The pre-built .map is included so you can test fly the result before you build to check your mapviewer