• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:51:21 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

im a noob :)

Started by ℊℯℴ, April 15, 2014, 12:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ℊℯℴ

Downloaded demo while waiting for MX bikes to give it a whirl. Wow :) this is awesome. Cant believe i didnt do this years ago!!!!

Anyway.....what are good settings to start with? Not bike settings, but view, controls, sim settings, etc.....

Should i even use stock bikes or just download others?

C21

You can download but can´t use other bikes in the demo.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

ℊℯℴ

Ya I went ahead and bought it. I am pretty good now and got it feeling pretty good on the control/view side.

In 2 hours I got my time at Victoria on the 125 (all stock settings) to 1.45.0** Only assist I am using is Auto Clutch, everything else is off.

Is that horrible?

Holy crap that 990 is sweet :D

Currently I can ride just fine in 3rd person and in the fixed first person view, but the helmet view is getting me. I end up turning in too late and run wide all the time. Just a weird feeling with it how the bike moves all around under you. Pretty realistic though. Just will take a while to get used to.

Arvoss

Quote from: geofanatec on April 15, 2014, 12:51:49 PM
Ya I went ahead and bought it. I am pretty good now and got it feeling pretty good on the control/view side.

In 2 hours I got my time at Victoria on the 125 (all stock settings) to 1.45.0** Only assist I am using is Auto Clutch, everything else is off.

Is that horrible?

Holy crap that 990 is sweet :D

Currently I can ride just fine in 3rd person and in the fixed first person view, but the helmet view is getting me. I end up turning in too late and run wide all the time. Just a weird feeling with it how the bike moves all around under you. Pretty realistic though. Just will take a while to get used to.

Try the Suzuki GSVR with the cockpit view. It's the most beautiful cockpit of all bikes imo. :D But of course, you need to know the track a bit before getting used to a cockpit view. ;)

C21

QuoteIn 2 hours I got my time at Victoria on the 125 (all stock settings) to 1.45.0** Only assist I am using is Auto Clutch, everything else is off.
Take your time for practice.....the fastest lap is set 1.34.240 with the 125cc  ;)
I´m 2 seconds off that record time and i don´t have a clue how to ride that fast..... ;D

I can´t ride in helmet view either , get´s me weird  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

ℊℯℴ

Good to hear. Ya I checked the stats. I am way off from top riders, but well get there.

Anyway........that brings me to next question. Seeing the stats why are there no modded bikes on the stats? And, how do you get on the stats, lol

Arvoss

Quote from: geofanatec on April 15, 2014, 01:28:39 PM
Good to hear. Ya I checked the stats. I am way off from top riders, but well get there.

Anyway........that brings me to next question. Seeing the stats why are there no modded bikes on the stats? And, how do you get on the stats, lol

You are automatically added to the stats when you set a time. There are no modded bikes in the stats yet ;) Your name on the stats page is the name you chose when you registered the game ;) http://stats.gp-bikes.com/register.php

ℊℯℴ

hmm...........ok. I was in a testing session last night when I set my time, but I am not on stat page. So was just curious

Arvoss

Quote from: geofanatec on April 15, 2014, 01:39:34 PM
hmm...........ok. I was in a testing session last night when I set my time, but I am not on stat page. So was just curious

Was it an online lobby? Because offline times don't count. ;) If it was an online lobby there must be another problem :P

ℊℯℴ

Found the unofficial guide to all of this.  8)

Anyway, ya it was offline testing session. So...........now I know.

See you on track soon, just need to practice more and get consistent  :P