• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:59:18 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta18c

Started by PiBoSo, June 17, 2020, 08:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

GP Bikes beta18c available:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=news

It is possible to download a patch at this link, to avoid having to re-download the whole installer:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/downloads/gpbikes-beta18c_p.zip
To install it, simply unpack the zip file in the GP Bikes installation folder.

Download:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

Do the mods have to be re-encrypted again?

VSMaster

Quote from: Vini on June 17, 2020, 11:24:56 PMDo the mods have to be re-encrypted again?
the latest mods aren't encrypted
Always on the edge

x1mk_z3

going to try it now : ). Thanks Piboso
Callum (MK)

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

After my first real session in 18c, I have to say that the front is worse.
The low-speed oscillations are back and the front sometimes kicks back very aggressively when trying to stand the bike up with the throttle (out of 90° corners).
The rear tyre feels much nicer now strangely. Powerslides are smooother.

h106frp

June 20, 2020, 10:16:30 PM #9 Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:57:25 PM by h106frp
Agree with Vini, tried everything and the rider just struggles to lift the bike back up out of turns.Track camber problems also appear worse - its almost as if the camber is being added to the relative lean angle rather than subtracted.

It is very noticeable with Oulton Park hairpin that the bike requires excessive lean to negotiate this high positive camber turn.

Vini

@PiBoSo: This is what we are talking about.

I know I'm repeating myself but this is something you probably will not experience at Victoria due to the layout.

Stout Johnson

June 24, 2020, 09:37:58 AM #11 Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:39:42 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: Vini on June 20, 2020, 07:02:32 PMAfter my first real session in 18c, I have to say that the front is worse.
The low-speed oscillations are back and the front sometimes kicks back very aggressively when trying to stand the bike up with the throttle (out of 90° corners).
The rear tyre feels much nicer now strangely. Powerslides are smooother.
I agree, the rear seems to be better with beta18c. Front is worse. The front kicks you are describing, seem to not only come from the tire, but also from the virtual rider. Those kicks only happen when accelerating hard out of corner, so it's not so much induced by tire. The virtual rider seems to be programmed to use more force on the handlebars when accelerating hard. That in itself is right since more force is needed. But when trying to lift the bike up, especially when going from left to right or vice versa, the forces seem to be critical. Also the virtual rider seems to have super-human reaction time and reacts to different scenarios in milliseconds which osciallates the front.

My suggestions for Piboso:
---------------------------
1) Virtual rider should use less force on handlebars on 'critical aspects' like lifting bike up- e.g. lifting bike up from very low lean angles is very critical point, since counter steering in max lean can result in lowside. In real life when lifting bike up from max lean, a rider subconsciously lets the bike stand up a bit (pushing bike up away from rider while gently counter-steering) so that the bike reaches a lean angle where not on critical lean with almost no grip reserve and then counter steering with a bit more force, shifting weight etc.
the virtual rider should have a feeling for when critical forces are applied 

2) Virtual rider should react more like a human, therefore not oscillating and therefore making things worse often times. In general when riding a bike, especially on tarmac, it should always be only smooth inputs on the handlebars, much is done with weight transfer of the rider's body and only very slight steering inputs.

watch this clip @~18seconds: Stoner's bike is wiggling because of the weight transfer of the bike and the suspensions work, but he is keeping the steering input almost constant and not jerking, that's why the bike settles.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Vini

June 24, 2020, 10:05:21 AM #12 Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:30:17 AM by Vini
Yep, the front problems are definitely coming from the virtual rider. Not sure why the rear feels better, though.

If anything the steering forces should become smaller the greater the acceleration (note: not speed!) is.
In fact, real riders don't any pressure on the handlebars at all under acceleration.

Vini

June 27, 2020, 10:45:20 PM #13 Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:51:11 PM by Vini
There seems to be something very wrong with the slipper clutch. I'm not 100% sure but I think this is only a problem since 18c.

@PiBoSo: During long off-throttle phases in high gears and at max. lean, the clutch sometimes seems to disengage completely, even when giving it throttle.
Mimo recorded this clip demonstrating the issue: https://streamable.com/fmlgfr

h106frp

The clutch engagement (rather than lever position) is visible in debug mode as the last blue bar.