• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:38:39 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Installing mods the DD way............

Started by doubledragoncc, March 28, 2020, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

March 28, 2020, 04:01:27 PM Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:37:51 AM by doubledragoncc
Hi guys thought it best to explain it a bit more and what way I find safest to not disturb your profile etc etc

You must first download the mods................DOH

Track Database: Track Database

Bike Database: Bike Database

Some Bike Mods do NOT include tyres!!! Make sure to get ALL Tyres to save problems

Tyres Database: Tyres Database

Helmet Database: Helmet Database

Paints Database: Paints Database

Riders Database: Riders Database

Go to the GP Bikes mod folder and right click on the mod you want to download and then select Standard Download

You must make an extra folder for your mods, for example I make a folder on C drive and call it "gpb" then I make a folder in that called "mods". Now in the mods folder make a folder each for "tracks", "bikes", "rider" and "tyres" make sure to name them as I have or GPBikes wont recognise them. Helmets go in the Rider folder.

Then add the following to the core.ini file in your GP Bikes install folder
:
[mods]
folder=c:\gpb\mods\

You also need to unpack the original "misc" folder in your GPBikes install folder and add mods to that folde, this is becaus misc mods dont aleays work if outside the install folder. Dashes, Stands and Effects  go in the misc folder

If a mod will not show ingame make sure you dont have a mod in a mod names folder, ie:  tracks/ Le Mans/Le Mans/ all track files. This can happen when unpacking the mod.

If you run a server, all you need to do if it is on the same computer is add the mod lines to the server core.ini and it will use your gpb games mods so you dont have to do it all again!!!

Hope this helps someone and I am sure I forgot something or other lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

omfg

what am I missing?  I have followed the instructions here and I see nothing in mods within the game.  What am I missing?

omfg

Bike PKZ files MUST be renamed to RAR or ZIP and extracted in its own folder within BIKES in order for any bike to work in the slightest. would love for someone to prove me wrong

omfg

additionally the folder name and CFG file name must match EXACTLY for any bikes to work

doubledragoncc

Either the file if unpacked it must be a pkz or and unpacked folder for the bike, track, helmet etc. Paint files have to be pnt files only

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

andrea.fiorelli

Hello everyone, there is an error in this tutorial, the file to edit is not core.ini but gpbikes.ini
I try some time and I found the [mods] line in gpbikes.ini

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 28, 2020, 04:01:27 PMThen add the following to the core.ini file in your GP Bikes install folder
:
[mods]
folder=c:\gpb\mods\

Thanks for your work, Andrea

Mcervantes3221

No way! I just spent four hours trying everything to get the mods to work. Finally gave up and uninstalled everything and am reinstalling now.
  I got track mods to work fine.
But nothing else would work. I also own my bikes so tried setting everything up identically to that but no luck. 
  Mx bikes was so easy! Anyone else have both and get it to work by setting it up that way?
I didn't see Andrea's post till after deleting everything. I'll try again his way and check back in. 
Thank you Andrea!
  I may have messed something up. Not blaming anyone at all.  I really appreciate all of you and just want to get it working. 
Thanks everybody.

doubledragoncc

I have had issues since the new rider mod and now just install all mods in the gpbikes folder as only way I got all riders to work

It is so confusing some times it can work and for others not

I think it can also be how you have windows setup

DD

Chris_Beeves

Riders and Misc need to be in the install path. All other mods work fine in the "external mod folder" wherever it is placed.
I had to try..

ToniBenavent_83

Hello guys! I am new to the forum and the game. Very good to everyone. One question: I'm downloading the files at the beginning of the post, but the TYRES, HELMETS AND RIDERS files tell me that MEGA doesn't exist or they have been deleted.
Does anyone know of another site where I can download these files?
Thanks a lot!

doubledragoncc

Hi

I have run out of space on both servers for database so just had to start a new PAID account with Mega today. I will be updating links as soon as I figure the best way to do things.

For now the paid account is for the bikes, helmets and paints and I will transfer the 200+ tracks to it a bit at a time so in the end ALL mods will be on ONE database.

I have no income right now and am paying per month so hoping things pick up as short on money.

Sorry but best I can do

DD

ToniBenavent_83

The tutorial is not very clear nor is it too specific. It is not clear to me what goes where and where each thing.
Some say it's "this" .ini file, others say it's not that, it's "this" .ini file
That if it goes in this folder, if it goes in the other, that the "misc" file is extracted (which I don't see is a .rar or .zip file)
Anyway, it is all very confusing and I am finding tremendous difficulties to install the mods.
Is there a possible solution, or do we have to go through trial and error tests?

ToniBenavent_83

Hello, I am trying to install the game from update 19, with the purchased license as it should be. The fact is that I unzip the folders bikes, effects, misc, rider, tracks, tires and ui and save the mods each in its corresponding folder and this happens to me:
In the motorcycles I get the list with the motorcycles added, but no image of the motorcycles appears and when I try to enter to run, it leaves the game.
He does not remove any suit or helmet.
Only circuits are added correctly.
Apart from the fact that the Database Tires cannot be found anywhere to download.
Do you have any idea why I get these bugs?
Here in the forum it is not very well explained. It's all pretty confusing.
I do not understand how everything can be so complicated to run, with the games with mods that are out there and that it is so difficult to install correctly.

doubledragoncc

January 28, 2021, 08:19:18 AM #13 Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:39:37 AM by doubledragoncc
I am just updating the database and the only link for tyres is a full pack at 1.57GB so am doing a new upload as just upgraded the database

Tyres Database

I am just uploading single tyre folders too so you can just get the tyres you want.

DD

ToniBenavent_83

Agradezco enormemente tu atención. Muchas gracias. Lo pongo a descargar. Después de instalar el mod de tires informo de si ya puedo ver las motos instaladas.
En cuanto a los trajes y los cascos, el juego sin mostrarme nada, y eso que los tengo en la carpeta correspondiente.
¿Falta algún archivo o archivos? ¿Van en alguna carpeta que no sea la de rider?
Muchas gracias.