• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:03:07 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta18c

Started by PiBoSo, June 17, 2020, 08:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Well, the bikes were never great on camber and inclines but now we seem to have a situation where neither are negotiable as the bike crabs across the slope and eventually folds in a heap.

Tom HWK

June 29, 2020, 07:55:40 PM #31 Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:58:33 PM by Tom HWK
since beta 18 the bikes i'm doing have a horrible head shake problem as they come to near vertical on throttle out of corners, i've managed to get near to getting rid of it but it still happens. i'm starting to think from the way it rides that it almost seems like the bike drags the front around corners, then as it straightens and the wheels come back into line that's what causes the bike upset.. i have been riding at valencia for most of it so its pretty flat.

edit: it has something to do with the front lifting as you accelerate, you can ride around it by not letting the front get light out of corners but its pretty hard on a high powered bike.

Vini

Vini

So, are you going to investigate or at least acknowledge these issues in any way, PiBoSo?

Vini

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on July 03, 2020, 02:57:01 PMSo, are you going to investigate or at least acknowledge these issues in any way, PiBoSo?

If the chassis inertia of the bikes has been updated, using the revised chassis inertia tool of the latest BikeEd version, then please note that the chassis flex damping must be tuned accordingly.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

July 04, 2020, 02:27:35 PM #36 Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:29:15 PM by Vini
Ok but these issues existed in 18c even before the bikes were updated.
The bikes worked perfectly in beta18b and in beta18c they all suddenly had these tankslappers, that seem to be impossible for the modders to tune out (on high power bikes).

h106frp

July 04, 2020, 05:08:07 PM #37 Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:14:27 PM by h106frp
Well I have been through most of the range of possible adjustments and nothing appears to really lift the handling into 'believable' territory.
Some observations;
Heavier and more powerful bikes appear worse effected
The bike feels almost 'hinged' in the middle with the rear trying to overtake the front - this becomes massively exagerrated on any sort of incline.
The same occurs on long, fast turns with the bike developing excessive lean and the rear wanting to overtake the front, double apex corners are pretty much out of the question due to the strange lines you end up taking.
Launching off a crest appears to introduce a very significant forward rotation even though the bike is neutrally balanced.

Vini

July 10, 2020, 12:01:40 PM #38 Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:40:56 PM by Vini

These are the same problems we had a few betas ago. They are not coming from the bike, as you can see the suspension is not even doing anything. It's just the virtual rider yanking the bars left and right.

Mimo750

Hi, are there any plans for front end wobbles fix at next update? This is happening so much especially with powerfull bikes and under acceleration out of the corners. It is so annoying and frustrating. Looks like the virtual rider is bugging out and wobble the handlebars for no reason. Here is a video out from the many ones. https://streamable.com/b8gymt