• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

1p view linked to the rider eyes

Started by h106frp, July 17, 2020, 08:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Would it be possible to add, or allow an option in config for a 1P camera that is fixed just in front of the rider eye position rather than 'floating' around the proximity of the neck location?

PiBoSo

Quote from: h106frp on July 17, 2020, 08:19:54 PMWould it be possible to add, or allow an option in config for a 1P camera that is fixed just in front of the rider eye position rather than 'floating' around the proximity of the neck location?

The onboard view must be independent of the rider and riding style used.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 17, 2020, 10:08:55 PMThe onboard view must be independent of the rider and riding style used.

Why?

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 17, 2020, 10:35:59 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 17, 2020, 10:08:55 PMThe onboard view must be independent of the rider and riding style used.

Why?

+1 Good question Mystic.  ;)

Myst1cPrun3

PiBoSo

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 17, 2020, 10:35:59 PM

Why?

Because the riding views must be the same for everyone ( within the limits of the allowed settings ), to level the field when racing.
Otherwise it would be easy to create an animation with the rider eyes a few meters up and back, giving an unfair advantage, especially if the server is set to only allow first person views.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 09, 2020, 10:52:10 PMBecause the riding views must be the same for everyone ( within the limits of the allowed settings ), to level the field when racing.
Otherwise it would be easy to create an animation with the rider eyes a few meters up and back, giving an unfair advantage, especially if the server is set to only allow first person views.

But, anyone can change it, using TrackIR, VR, or Open track on a controller to get 100% custom views?

Even then, surely the addition of a new, extra, first person view that is stuck to the riders eyes wont give an unfair advantage, or at least anymore of an advantage than VR/HeadTrack/Open track already does?

Vini

I don't get this reasoning either.
The only problem with linking 1P and rider would be when the rider movements are not 100% smooth, which is sadly the case for all but the stock riding style. You will see this when using the helmet replay cam.

As an alternative, you could include a setting to choose the amount of 1P view movements from a given range. So basically like the OpenTrack "hack".

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on August 10, 2020, 08:28:45 AMI don't get this reasoning either.

QuoteBecause the riding views must be the same for everyone ( within the limits of the allowed settings ), to level the field when racing.

Is this written in proper English?  >:(

Maybe the onboard views can be tuned to more closely match the rider animations.
However, please note that there must always be a compromise between realism and "usability" of a view, that in the simulation is the only feedback, unlike in real life.

Vini

August 10, 2020, 10:05:41 AM #9 Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 10:10:01 AM by Vini
Ok, sorry for upsetting you PiBoSo.
Tbh, I am quite happy with the OpenTrack trick I found so I will let others debate this one...

Myst1cPrun3

A new view, with an independent check box in the server options, wouldn't have that much of a negative effect?

And like was said above, people are already simulating this using open track so there is 0 point in not implementing it imo, but whatever.

:-\

poumpouny

I also don't understand the reasoning but hey, you're the God of your own sim and I am "just" a customer  ;D