• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Thanx Max n so good to get told theres an update.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Saemon No Jyo

davidboda46

Thank you for the update.

Cheers

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Vini

October 03, 2020, 11:51:52 AM #874 Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:20:21 AM by Vini
A few small suggestions for future releases:
- Max. (horizontal) display/movement range adjustment for LiveGapBar independent of (font) size
- Additional LiveGapBars to rider in front or behind
- Option to change number of riders shown in standings widget (centered around oneself)
- Bigger helmet overlay to avoid the black corners under rotation/lean
- Fuel consumption per lap shown to 2 or 3 decimal places
- Fuel widget: Color remaining lap estimate red if it is smaller than number of remaining race laps
- New widget counting down remaining race laps

Vini

November 18, 2020, 01:14:54 PM #875 Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:32:31 PM by Vini
The new PS5 controller has some interesting features that might be useful for GPB.
The force feedback is much more nuanced now and basically acts like a subwoofer, allowing for precise replication of multiple different frequencies of different magnitudes at the same time.

You could use this in GPB to simulate different feelings through the force feedback instead of the very basic rumble MaxHUD offers at the moment.
For example, you could link the rear slip angle to a constant "soft", low frequency while using the stronger high frequencies to simulate the chassis accel. like before (and through that the front).

Another feature are the adaptive resistance triggers.
This could be used to turn the brake input from position-dependent into pressure-dependent like it is in real life.
Depending on the brake leverage chosen, the brakes (trigger) will "bite"/lock at a different point and therefore require different amounts of force for the same position (=same brake input seen by GPB).

@Max: What do you think about this?

HornetMaX

PS5 controller: when connected to PC, no haptic feedback, no adaptive triggers. Even if one day they make these works on PC, it would surely require a dedicated driver hence using them won't be trivial.

As a side note, I'm not a big believer in haptic feedback in general (rumble). Even in current PC joypad you have two different motors/rumbles but nothing really useful can be extracted from them.

Vini

Ah damn. Well, maybe some unofficial custom for PC will come along eventually.

From what I've read the PS5 pad rumble is really advanced. For example, it's used to simulate the feeling of walking over different types of surfaces. It can actually be used like a speaker/subwoofer.
Even though the current MaxHUD rumble is quite basic it is already providing massively essential feedback for first person riding. I cannot ride without it.
Maybe I'll get to try the PS5 pad out this weekend, will report back then.

What do you think about the adaptive triggers for pressure-sensitive brake input?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on November 19, 2020, 09:55:31 PMWhat do you think about the adaptive triggers for pressure-sensitive brake input?
Unconvinced, as far as I've seen. But I agree I should try them before judging (even if I doubt I'll buy a pad just to try that out). Could be used for generic environment effects (like running on kerbs or locking wheels) not sure about the rest. 

If you want pressure-driven braking, then you probably need a load cell somewhere (assuming it's not too noisy and precise enough).
Maybe some DIY-guy will give it a try.

Joshua

we need you Max
I can't ride my bike without MaxHud and the rumble option
it is an essential part of GP Bikes
Merry christmas and i hope you will updated your mod soon
have a nice evening Max

HornetMaX

V2.2.2 out (2020/12/26)
  • Changes for GPB beta19.
  • Widgets in menu are now sorted alphabetically.
  • Changed default track & border width in HUDMap to "fixed screen size".

doubledragoncc

Bloody Hell that was quick chappy

Thanks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Mimo750

x1mk_z3

oooo! super excited to use it with the new beta, thanks Max!  ;D
Callum (MK)