• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:40 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

State of the Union ( GPB beta16 and beyond )

Started by PiBoSo, July 01, 2019, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLIANCE GP

I own both MX and Gp Bikes - both games are fantastic but I love GP Bikes the best.  keep up the good work on these games and I'll keep $$$ supporting the effort when asked.  Looking forward to a great track editor for these games and willing to pay for it as an upgrade.  Give it some thought.

PiBoSo

Unfortunately WRS development is still stalling due to physics data tuning for the new suspensions simulation, but working to solve the issues as soon as possible.
Updates for all the other projects are planned shortly as well. Important improvements are planned, especially for multiplayer, but also physics.

However, I have to be away from office at least for one week.
Therefore unfortunately not much progress will be done in the coming days.
Work will resume at full power in September, hopefully.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

I have to stay away from office for additional days, until the end of this week.
Work will hopefully resume at full power on the 7th.

doubledragoncc

I hope you are well and safe Piboso

As much as we all want GPB and your other programs to move forward, it is more important you look after you and family first.

I hope all is good for you in this time of many changes and pressures and look forward to the future of your brilliant work on all your sims.

Thank you for all your hard work

Allan
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on September 02, 2020, 11:53:00 AMI hope you are well and safe Piboso

As much as we all want GPB and your other programs to move forward, it is more important you look after you and family first.

I hope all is good for you in this time of many changes and pressures and look forward to the future of your brilliant work on all your sims.

Thank you for all your hard work

Allan

Thank you.

PiBoSo

October 02, 2020, 10:45:34 AM #50 Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:47:08 PM by PiBoSo
Work on the projects resumed on the 7th of September.

At the moment the focus is mostly on MX Bikes, to try to have a new build ready in time for the first anniversary on Steam.
After that, the plan is to update GP Bikes and Kart Racing Pro as soon as possible.

World Racing Series sadly is still facing problems. The double wishbones suspensions simulation causes bump steer during acceleration and this issue halted the data tuning needed because of the new suspensions physics.
Unfortunately It's very difficult to find time to dedicate to WRS when there are three growing communities demanding ( and rightly so ) constant updates for GPB, KRP and MXB. Apologies. Work on WRS will resume as soon as possible. The only positive aspect is that much of the work done for the other projects ( multiplayer, rendering, user interface improvements ) is directly beneficial to WRS, too.

JohnnoNinja

PiBoSo

November 03, 2020, 09:22:53 PM #52 Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:26:54 PM by PiBoSo
Last week, on the 26th of October, Beta15 of MX Bikes has been released.
Unfortunately closing the build took much longer than expected because of the many changes that had to be tested and finalized.
On the plus side, several of those fixes and improvements will be quickly ported to the other projects.

During the past days the focus has been on documenting the ( many ) changes, fixing the reported bugs and supporting the community. MX Bikes is growing at an unbelievable rate. Good news, but it also means that there is a lot of pressure and it's difficult to find time for the other projects.

Nonetheless, development on GP Bikes and Kart Racing ( and hopefully WRS ) will resume this week, with the plan to release updates later this month.
Lately some work on the GP Bikes Steam page has been done.

ALLIANCE GP

Outstanding - Looking forward to making GP Bikes great as well.

PiBoSo

January 28, 2021, 12:21:48 PM #54 Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:49:00 PM by PiBoSo
Unfortunately, the GP Bikes beta19 and KRP release12 updates took one month longer than expected to be ready.

After the latest KRP build release, development in general slowed down considerably. Nonetheless, track tools have been updated as well, a few days ago.

At the moment the plan is to do general code maintenance and then release a patch for GP Bikes.

After that, hopefully work can resume on WRS to iron-out the issues and prepare a long overdue update.

PiBoSo

April 21, 2021, 09:32:08 PM #55 Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:56:49 AM by PiBoSo
A GP Bikes patch has been released in early February. Unfortunately it didn't fix all the bugs it was supposed to.

Later the focus shifted on WRS and the modding tools. The plan was to release a long overdue WRS update, but sadly, while big progress has been made on it, the allocated time run out and development had to shift back to GPB and MXB.
It is heartbreaking to not be able to give WRS the attention it needs.

Nonetheless, the improvements made for the car physics translated well to bikes and karts, too.
The change is most notable in GPB, where bikes are much more stable, especially in low-speed corners.

For some time development of GPB and MXB progressed side by side, with the goal to release the first on Steam as soon as possible, considering the many requests received.

However, a few weeks ago focus shifted on MXB only, because it was last updated too long ago and because it's difficult to ignore that it's selling more in one month than GPB in over 12 years. It would have been nice to release GPB on Steam on the anniversary of the first alpha release, but sadly it will not happen.

The latest turn of events is that the planned MXB tasks have been cut short to quickly release an update ( even if very distant to what was meant to be ) and then take a break, with the goal to hopefully return soon with faster and more consistent overall development pace.

Vini

April 22, 2021, 09:49:28 AM #56 Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:08:30 AM by Vini
One thing I don't understand is why MXB selling more means it has higher priority for updates? Seems backwards to me from your perspective.
Surely, getting GPB on Steam would increase the overall money you make more than fixing a few things here and there in MXB.
Or is there some clause with Steam that forces you to release updates regularily?

PiBoSo

April 22, 2021, 10:21:31 AM #57 Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:40:25 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Vini on April 22, 2021, 09:49:28 AMOne thing I don't understand is why MXB selling more means it has higher priority for updates? Seems backwards to me.
Surely, getting GPB on Steam would increase the overall money you make more than fixing a few things here and there in MXB.
Or is there some clause with Steam that forces you to release updates regularily?

There is no rule that the higher selling project must be updated first, and no Steam clause.
In general the plan is to try to keep all three main projects in a loop, trying to sneak a WRS update when possible.

GP Bikes latest main update has been on the 25th of December, while MX Bikes latest one has been on the 26th of October, so an update is long overdue anyway and the original plan was actually to prioritize GPB.
Kart Racing Pro has been updated on the 10th of January, so it's last in line.

The problem is not really the order of the updates, but how slow they have been recently.
Unfortunately during the past few months there have been issues, that are not related to development but impacted it.

PiBoSo

June 28, 2021, 05:55:30 PM #58 Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:40:35 PM by PiBoSo
As briefly mentioned in the previous post, during the past 7 months there have been issues that have slowed down development considerably ( and caused the drop of the daily updates ).

They got much worse during the latest month, and this is why there will be no GPB update on the 30th as someone speculated, and why the planned MXB patches haven't been released.

Trying to fix the problems, but it's not easy.

doubledragoncc

I know exactly what you mean Piboso. The last year has been hell.

Thanks for all the work you do and I for one am happy to wait until YOU have time and less stress to get it done.

Keep well and safe sir/madam lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.