• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

MaxTM - A telemetry tool for GPB, MXB, WRS and KRP

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom HWK

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2019, 12:42:25 PM
Quote from: Tom HWK on September 22, 2019, 11:03:07 AMIs there anyway of adding tyre temps into the telemetry and HUD? or on HUD having a light for tyre overheating? I think race bikes have a light for it or at least gp bikes..
No, unless PiBoSo decides that tyre temps are worth to be passed to plugins.
Ok, fair enough. Hope he does but probably not.

VSMaster

This program can be opened while game is running? Like when I finish, for ex, practice, can I view immediately my data? Or even better, can I display it on a second monitor?
Always on the edge

HornetMaX

Quote from: Valentino74 on November 18, 2019, 07:14:43 PMThis program can be opened while game is running? Like when I finish, for ex, practice, can I view immediately my data? Or even better, can I display it on a second monitor?
Data is saved when you go back to pits so you can open a data file as soon as you're back to the pits (with GPB still running).
Yes you can put it on a second monitor.

I was tempted to have it display the telemetry data in real time (while riding) but never started working on it. It's surely possible.

Myst1cPrun3

@HornetMaX

That would be cool to see, although a bit pointless for me as I'm in vr.

What I would ask, Is should you manage to get it into recording the telemetry live, would there be a way to integrate the window into gp bikes menus like with MaxHUD where you press caps lock to bring a 2d menu etc?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on November 19, 2019, 04:23:28 PMWhat I would ask, Is should you manage to get it into recording the telemetry live, would there be a way to integrate the window into gp bikes menus like with MaxHUD where you press caps lock to bring a 2d menu etc?
It could be done, but it would be terribly ugly and non-interactive (e.g. can't use mouse to zoom).
GPB allows me to draw rectangles and text on the screen and I have to live with that.
Outside GPB I can use powerful libraries to have a UI that looks decent, complex graphs etc.

Myst1cPrun3

I'm not too sure zoom would be an issue, as I can move about when in VR, so I could walk closer lol.

for me this is the type of thing gp bikes needs by default especially in game, as modern gp bikes have a tonne of data that is used and reviewes

VSMaster

Hello
MaxTM is working but how can I display data on the graphs. When I click my runs it just show me lap times, nothing else
Always on the edge

HornetMaX

Quote from: Valentino74 on December 07, 2019, 05:05:44 PMHello
MaxTM is working but how can I display data on the graphs. When I click my runs it just show me lap times, nothing else

Read the 1st post of this thread.

Manu

Very useful tool. Thanks Max!.

If I may have a suggestion. Could you add readings for the tire temperatures and pressures?

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Manu on October 22, 2020, 01:51:48 PMVery useful tool. Thanks Max!.

If I may have a suggestion. Could you add readings for the tire temperatures and pressures?
Hi Manu,

no I can't as GPB does not pass these info (tyre temp and pressure) to the plugin.

MaX

Manu

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 22, 2020, 06:42:38 PM
Quote from: Manu on October 22, 2020, 01:51:48 PMVery useful tool. Thanks Max!.

Hi Manu,

no I can't as GPB does not pass these info (tyre temp and pressure) to the plugin.

MaX

Oh damn  >:(
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

HornetMaX

v2.3 out:
  • Updates for GPB beta19 (tyre temps are logged).

I've added a PayPal donate button in the 1st post 8)

Zonta_84

Hey!

I am using the MaxTM mod quite a lot for my bike mods, and I must say it really helps me!😄 Although I have 2 things that are a bit missing for me;
Number 1 is lean angle, this might be in already but in case it's not (as I'm not sure) it would be nice to have the lean angle to both see how much the lean is at certain points but could also be helpful analyzing the data or for example a crash!

The second thing is having brake pressure in 'bar'. In real life the front and rear brake pressure go in 'bar' for example 10 bar front brake and 14 bar rear brake, although in MaxTM it is in % I believe. I don't know if it's supported with the game but if it is it would be really nice to have added to see a bit more how the bike actually behaves😄

HornetMaX

Quote from: Zonta_84 on July 16, 2021, 06:32:59 AMHey!

I am using the MaxTM mod quite a lot for my bike mods, and I must say it really helps me!😄 Although I have 2 things that are a bit missing for me;
Number 1 is lean angle, this might be in already but in case it's not (as I'm not sure) it would be nice to have the lean angle to both see how much the lean is at certain points but could also be helpful analyzing the data or for example a crash!

The second thing is having brake pressure in 'bar'. In real life the front and rear brake pressure go in 'bar' for example 10 bar front brake and 14 bar rear brake, although in MaxTM it is in % I believe. I don't know if it's supported with the game but if it is it would be really nice to have added to see a bit more how the bike actually behaves😄
Lean angle is in, it's just called Roll angle (under Attitude).

Brake pressure yes, it's 0..1 (i.e. %). GPB does not report it in bars, so that's it.

MaxTM just logs/shows all the values reported by GPB: if something is missing, 99.9% of the time is because GPB does not return it.

Vini

Two suggestions: Multiple curves overlayed in one graph.
Playing back your lap on a big map to analyze your lines.