• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:01:52 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Newbie with questions

Started by Bluerider, January 20, 2021, 01:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluerider

Oculus Rift user here. I have been trying the demo but have been running into issues:
Rider tracking does not work. Is this a limitation of the demo?
Some key mappings don't work - I've mapped "Recenter VR" to a button on my G27, but pressing it goes into replay mode.
Tried hardcore steering mode with DST (I have a G27), bike just keeps falling to the right.
My plan is to attach handlebars to the G27 similar to what DD has done, but getting nowhere at the moment.
Thanks!

Vini

The default rider tracking is very badly tuned for F/B lean.
Either use auto rider lean or external mapping.

VR Reset and instant replay are switched in the settings.

Switch to the other direct-steer mode (angle based). In general, it will still be incredibly hard, though.

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: Bluerider on January 20, 2021, 01:58:37 PMOculus Rift user here. I have been trying the demo but have been running into issues:
Rider tracking does not work. Is this a limitation of the demo?
Some key mappings don't work - I've mapped "Recenter VR" to a button on my G27, but pressing it goes into replay mode.
Tried hardcore steering mode with DST (I have a G27), bike just keeps falling to the right.
My plan is to attach handlebars to the G27 similar to what DD has done, but getting nowhere at the moment.
Thanks!

If you want to talk directsteer and ffb, I have experimented a lot with it. If you look under custom hardware and M302 thread I have described some of it there. Driving in hardcore mode with the g27 is very difficult but not impossible.
I'd love to have someone to drive directsteer with, not many of us here!
For learning, I'd suggest to practice without VR first. It is a lot more difficult.
I had to try..

Bluerider

Thanks guys, got it working now. Will experiment with DST.
Does AA not work in VR? 16x is still lots of jaggies. My SS is at 1.8 and it helps.