• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:27:18 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rebound and Suspension setup 'tests'

Started by Myst1cPrun3, January 08, 2021, 07:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

January 08, 2021, 07:42:55 AM Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 07:51:08 AM by Myst1cPrun3
Expanding on previous post about SAG value position, it would be nice to have the option to setup rebound properly.

This means being in the garage and 'pushing' down on both the front and rear suspension to check it has only one stroke, and the bike is 'balanced'.

This again is a huge part of bike setup, and would help modders actually understand just how big their suspension values have to be.

This video, although brief, demonstrates the 'technique' I want to see usable in gpb

Now I am not sure if this is in GPB somewhere, but after realising 90% of the bikes available in GPB are unable to be setup correctly, (from my testing) I would guess it isn't.

It is a huge thing, and after I put 'correct' values in the entire riding experience in GPB changed, and the rebound actually began to make an extremely noticeable (and realistic) difference when changed

Myst1cPrun3

infected247

+1
I kind of make up for this in MaxHUD, with the suspension widget, (mainly to keep an eye on how wobbly the rebound is and if it can take the acceleration/braking without topping/bottoming out) but having such a feature would be really cool.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: infected247 on February 02, 2021, 09:18:31 PM+1
I kind of make up for this in MaxHUD, with the suspension widget, (mainly to keep an eye on how wobbly the rebound is and if it can take the acceleration/braking without topping/bottoming out) but having such a feature would be really cool.

It's a small thing to put in, but would make a huge difference in finding the right setup, and actually finding the right suspension values for modders.

It's a bit long winded trying to rock the bike forward to check rebound and so on  ::)

Vini

I still don't really understand how exactly this new feature would look and work.
Can you go into a bit more detail?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on February 03, 2021, 09:27:05 AMI still don't really understand how exactly this new feature would look and work.
Can you go into a bit more detail?

The ability that in the garage you push the suspension up and down while stationary.

Literally the ability to do this in the garage to front and rear

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

How this could be integrated into the gpb garage idk, maybe on the suspension screen have the ability to view the live suspension travel and press a button to push it down.

Can sort of simulate it with maxhud and riding slow to a stop but it's not 100%

Vini

But to me this all seems very unspecific and more down to feel. In realiyt it might work great but how would this be impemented exactly in GPB from the physics side?
For example, what determines what forces is being applied to the suspension and what point (leverage) and for how long?

Myst1cPrun3

February 05, 2021, 08:18:56 AM #9 Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 08:34:39 AM by Myst1cPrun3
It's called a 'Push' test as that's the action you perform on the bike, but when you do it you're not testing how the forks go down, it's how the forks go up.

I've got close to what is deemed 'OK', by changing the brakes for the test, so I could consistently brake without pulling a stoppie.

Once I stopped I got the same data, but it isn't really accurate do there is still room for improvements.