• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:23 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

VR Ride This Weekend

Started by Zigba, January 23, 2021, 04:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zigba

IS there any interest in trying too get a VR ride going this weekend? It can be whatever you guys want, a casual ride a race a series. Drop a message about when would be a good time and who would be interested. If we can't get something going this weekend, maybe we can do next weekend.

If you have any Bikes or Tracks that you would like to use drop a message.

Cheers everyone have a great Weekend!

-Zigba

Zigba

By the way, anyone is welcome to join, the focus of the group would just be VR in GPBikes.

doubledragoncc

Yo Yo Zig is in the house............great to see you buddy. Was finishing the R1/M1 bodywork and busy as hell but defo up for VR ride next weekend to show case the Yamaha Siton.

stay frosty bro lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Zigba

That makes two. I'm open all weekend.

Looking forward to seeing the Yamaha in action!

Take care Amigo!

-Zig

doubledragoncc

Just upgraded my internet and the GPB database so behind and hoping I can finish at tleast the bars for tomorrow

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Chris_Beeves

How is the extra load on VR when playing in multiplayer? My system is on its knees as it is already..
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

Hoping to use the Yam R1/M1 Sunday so let chat Ziggy...........

Need to do a moto3, moto2 and MotoGP test so see if you got the latest from database

I get no drops in multiplayer Chris wot rig you running?

DD

Chris_Beeves

An overclocked potato!
The bottleneck is my gpu I think. AMD is not great for VR.
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

AMD!!!!! OMFG how dare you use such a word on this forum sir........

I am Ontel and Nvidea n ASUS ROG only so ride with the best lol.

That said, it depends on the VR unit and CPU/GPU...normally GPBikes is very low demand on a PC but VR changes it. My 3080 wont evan start to breath in normal screen use even in 4k and wont even boost, BUT when I use VR it sits at 90 fps all the time until I use a track like Donington and at certain points on the track drops to 35fps!!!

AS VR is new in many ways and track nodders may not have access to a VR unit to test it will take time but if you are okay in single player and get problems in online could it be a problem with your system not liking having to power the online part of it???

If using wifi it could be a problem

DD

Vini

Look out for the Misano TV screens in multiplayer...

doubledragoncc

Thanks Vini

I actually dont have a problem if the fps drops its not too bad most of the time, maybe it depends how much I have drunk lol.

Biggest problem I got is running out of space lol

DD

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 06, 2021, 07:04:38 PMAMD!!!!! OMFG how dare you use such a word on this forum sir........

I am Ontel and Nvidea n ASUS ROG only so ride with the best lol.

That said, it depends on the VR unit and CPU/GPU...normally GPBikes is very low demand on a PC but VR changes it. My 3080 wont evan start to breath in normal screen use even in 4k and wont even boost, BUT when I use VR it sits at 90 fps all the time until I use a track like Donington and at certain points on the track drops to 35fps!!!

AS VR is new in many ways and track nodders may not have access to a VR unit to test it will take time but if you are okay in single player and get problems in online could it be a problem with your system not liking having to power the online part of it???

If using wifi it could be a problem

DD

Haha, yeah.. For 1440 or 1080 it is more than enough, but the VR drivers for it is sub-par to say the least. And on top of that, PiBoSo's titles seem to work better on Nvidia.
I am hopefully getting out of this mess soon though ;)

Not much us modders can do specifically for VR. Only normal optimization. Some headings on some tracks just seem to get the better of the graphics engine. For instance I have been testing my last conversion, Willow springs which is quite small and not a lot of stuff on. I get quite high fps, but when going down one specific hill I get massive frame drops, doesn't matter which direction I look.

Wifi is for smartphones and printers. ;)
Haven't had trouble yet, haven't tried VR in multiplayer. Just curious about your observations.
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

I dont use wifi except for my laptop in bedroom to have internet in bed if need be lol

Hardwire only for gaming but my internet is 1GB so no problems lol

My only thing is I am now 4K only on all 3 screens and VR so can be a test to livestream 3 screens plus VR and game at same time lol

Hope to hear from Ziggy about a ride online on Sunday if I can figure how to get the Yamaha between the Honda and BMW lol

DD

David Brock

I haven't tried VR yet in the sim, first ride was just to test settings and get a feel for things. Next ride will be in VR. I'll probably pick up the full sim if I can get my wheel working right. Then I'd be in.