• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:11:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

IASystems 2021

Started by doubledragoncc, February 15, 2021, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

February 15, 2021, 08:54:40 PM Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 08:59:35 PM by doubledragoncc
Hi Guys

So, as we are still in lockdown and all struggling I decided to start a 2021 Developement thread.

This year I will be designing and building a full FFB Directdrive and Realistic and Moderate motion Sit-On system and changing the design of the Desktop system.

I am also updating with the Body Motion Unit (BMU) for rider control and hopefully more.

To Start with here are a few pics of where I work from last week.

And a sneak peek at the Yamaha R1 I am just building

As it has no fender or swingarm I used the stickers to jazz it up a bit as thats what Randall wants.

More to come...........Watch this space lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

davidboda46

Looks awesome DD. Quick question, where do you get the fairings from (the front/tank and rear). I'm guessing they are to big to be 3d printed at home. Is the seat padding from an external supplier or?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 15, 2021, 08:54:40 PMThis year I will be designing and building a full FFB Directdrive and Realistic and Moderate motion Sit-On system and changing the design of the Desktop system.

Sounds cool! You're not putting the FFB on the swivel right? It goes straight on the steering axis?
Tried FFB on swivel and it didn't make sense to me at all.
It will be interesting seeing someone else working with direct drive & direct steer, keep us posted on what you think of it!

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 15, 2021, 08:54:40 PMAnd a sneak peek at the Yamaha R1 I am just building

Can't even imagine what he is paying for that piece of wonderfulness, great job man. Looks great!
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

The race bodies are the real thing for real racing and bloody expensive. I get from MotoForza and PascalPlast in EU, the seats come with and the black Yam comes with fitted Dzus fasteners. Screens are original double bubble and expensive too. You can get all parts seperate or in kits, normal fibreglasse, black or carbon too.............

The Simagic M10 Direct Drive I will be using goes on the steering axis as in real life and strong enough to break your bloody arm, I know I tested it lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 16, 2021, 08:52:50 AMThe Simagic M10 Direct Drive I will be using goes on the steering axis as in real life and strong enough to break your bloody arm, I know I tested it lol.

DD

Haha,I can imagine!
I measured the motor on my build to 12,3Nm. It ran amok once when I unplugged the usb before the power and ripped cables and some printed parts off itself ;D
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

Yeah a quick release is a MUST and to not forget to use it lol

Chris_Beeves

I have a quick release on it.
You'll see, if it ever happens to you, why I didn't have time to disconnect!
I had to try..

VSMaster

Looks dope. Awesome job, hope to see more of this :D
Always on the edge

doubledragoncc

I am lucky that the motor will be on a strong steel frame and I am designing 2 steering stops that will cut power if the bars turn past a certain angle either direction. Testing will be the big thing with this lol.

Then the thing has to go on a motion system that is for true G-Force simulation also!!!

DD

Vini

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 16, 2021, 11:44:45 AMThen the thing has to go on a motion system that is for true G-Force simulation also!!!
You're going to build a centrifuge?

doubledragoncc

No centrifuge sorry my front room is to small lol.

I am more concerned with acceleration and braking movement forces as leaning is not felt as much when riding.........bit hard to explain it in writing which I am crap at lol.

The professor from Germany I am working with has tested the GPBikes outputs and writen a program for the controllers. He is who calculates the movement needed to replicate the forces in a certain axis for this purpose. This means a 90 degree in pitch movement but with a certain dps to give the correct feeling of G-Force while accelerating and braking. Leaning has yet to be calculated and we want to test the pitch before starting on roll. Due to the ampount of movement, I will have no lower fairing as it wound mean having to build a system up in the air for clearance. The placement of the axis center will allow full replication and feeling for putting the bike on the rear wheel under hard acceleration and back to a stoppie at hard braking and naturally all inbetween but at realistic movement amounts sent as an output from GPBikes. The practical test has been done with a model and now we need to design and make the real deal lol.

First comes the steering and then the motion.

Sorry I am crap at explaining tech stuff and hate typing.

DD

Vini

Sounds great but the 90° pitch angle sounds a bit dangerous :D
Although having full 1G under braking would probably feel pretty realistic.
Who is the professor you are working with btw, which Uni?

doubledragoncc

Thomas the Prof calculated the 45/45 degree for 1G and yep a bit scary in a room but IRL its natural movement. The problem is with sitting static and having the movement but thats gonna be part of development to keep it safe. The design I have in mind will allow easy adjustment and have safetu features built in.

Or like the stupid lass and her hair you could use gorilla glue to the sest lol

DD

doubledragoncc

So here is the Simagic M10 I am using with the quick release and a pic with an Hs3 Clip-On top fork bridge for comparison on size of the motor!!!

Main issue with the motor is that as it will be all the way forward on the sit-on frame. Im hoping my fat ass will counter balance it lol.

DD

davidboda46

QuoteThe race bodies are the real thing for real racing and bloody expensive. I get from MotoForza and PascalPlast in EU, the seats come with and the black Yam comes with fitted Dzus fasteners. Screens are original double bubble and expensive too. You can get all parts seperate or in kits, normal fibreglasse, black or carbon too.............

The Simagic M10 Direct Drive I will be using goes on the steering axis as in real life and strong enough to break your bloody arm, I know I tested it lol.

DD

Thanks for the info.

Cheers.
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"