• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:49:53 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Crashes on startup in VR (on specific laptop)

Started by NickTh1, March 14, 2021, 04:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickTh1

GP Bikes VR crashes on startup on my new laptop (Ryzen 5900HX, NVidia 3080 Laptop).
Kart Racing Pro, Oculus, also crashes on startup.
Kart Racing Pro, Steam-VR, runs fine - but only displays the view on the main screen - not the goggles (hdmi port).
Luckily, MX Bikes works perfectly - both Oculus and Steam-VR. Maybe some VR startup code could be copied or integrated from there?

I don't particularly fault PiBoSo, because even the Oculus App itself has problems. It states that my "computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications". I wonder if it's basing that off the integrated gpu. Many other apps have issues, but most high profile (VR) games work fine.

Model: ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE GX551QS-HB109R

NickTh1

Found the log file. Attaching it.
I guess it looks like it's trying to use the integrated gpu. Which is not going to work well.

NickTh1

Sorry for spamming here, but here's the same log file from the MX Bikes folder (and MX Bikes works).

PiBoSo

Please make sure that, in the Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings, the "core.exe" program ( located in the GP Bikes installation folder ) is using the "High-performance Nvidia processor" instead of the integrated graphics.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

NickTh1

Yeah, sorry - I should have tested that myself before posting (doing so has not helped with other games). But it did help here. Both GP Bikes and Kart Racing Pro now work! Thanks!

doubledragoncc

Just set your global settings to use High-performance Nvidia processor and ALL programs will then use the GPU

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

NickTh1

Yup, will do. My previous laptop didn't have an integrated GPU, so I'm noob at this.
I have seen that setting, but it says 'Windows OS now manages selection of the graphics processor', so I figured it was being deprecated.
Thanks!

doubledragoncc

Its on the same screen in nvidea control panel as where you set it for core.exe on the global tab

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

AntonioGenao

Quote from: NickTh11 on October 11, 2369, 01:01:36 PMSorry for spamming here, but here's the same log file from the MX Bikes folder (and MX Bikes works).

My pc crashes when i try to play games and i have already changed my memory and have sent my computer to repair twice.

Vini

Underclock your GPU. As far down as Afterburner goes.
Only thing that worked for me.

NickTh1

New issue: GP Bikes on Steam, running Virtual Desktop (on Oculus Quest 2) and Steam VR crashes on startup for me.
If I don't start Steam VR before launching, then it works fine. If Steam VR is already running, then it crashes. If it is running and I exit manually before launching, then it works.

MX Bikes works fine regardless of whether Steam VR is already running.

Not a huge issue since I can work around it. And I don't know if my repro will work on other machines.

But also: Thank you for both MX Bikes and GP Bikes. Both are great!

doubledragoncc

The biggest problem is steam vr itself.........it sucks. I use openxr for other sims and it is 10 times better.

Maybe Piboso can make it that we can use openxr instead of steamvr and cure all the issues

DD