• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

TrackDayR Released Day 17.3.2021!

Started by -aGy-, March 10, 2021, 07:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Beeves

I had to try..

doubledragoncc

Well Im in two minds of thought but I believe in giving anyone a chance:

Give it a min and you will know why.

I learnt a lot talking to the devs

I am a fair person not a trumpist

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

VSMaster

Always on the edge

-aGy-

-aGy-

cant change any g29 bindings..i dont want to play with gamepads..did they test this before release?

-aGy-

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 17, 2021, 08:56:28 PMWell Im in two minds of thought but I believe in giving anyone a chance:

Give it a min and you will know why.

I learnt a lot talking to the devs

I am a fair person not a trumpist

DD
im glad but lets be fair.they should tested it more.its not acceptable that we cant use g29.ps4 gamepad works ok but g29 not.tryed ds4/ce360x but no.

doubledragoncc

New video coming and not looking good right now.......shame as I do not wish bad luck on anyone who at least trys to make a sim for bikes.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Guigafumi

Playing devil's advocate here but what concept of "Early Access" is difficult to grasp? Remember GP Bikes build 1 or build 2? It is a problem there is no demo, yes. You may wait until v1.00, like myself, and peruse user feedback or take a chance and try it out in a 2-hour window. Regarding other commentary going around, constructive feedback about riding mechanics and even content is the best way to communicate and incite change.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Guigafumi on March 19, 2021, 04:22:26 AMPlaying devil's advocate here but what concept of "Early Access" is difficult to grasp? Remember GP Bikes build 1 or build 2? It is a problem there is no demo, yes. You may wait until v1.00, like myself, and peruse user feedback or take a chance and try it out in a 2-hour window. Regarding other commentary going around, constructive feedback about riding mechanics and even content is the best way to communicate and incite change.

I agree for the most part.

But I think sometimes you can put a title into early access TOO EARLY, where it leaves a bad taste preventing people coming back at a later date.

I'd reccomend watching Soviet Wombles vod on the DayZ situation. It's focused on DayZ but applies to other games.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on March 19, 2021, 08:00:07 AM
Quote from: Guigafumi on March 19, 2021, 04:22:26 AMPlaying devil's advocate here but what concept of "Early Access" is difficult to grasp? Remember GP Bikes build 1 or build 2? It is a problem there is no demo, yes. You may wait until v1.00, like myself, and peruse user feedback or take a chance and try it out in a 2-hour window. Regarding other commentary going around, constructive feedback about riding mechanics and even content is the best way to communicate and incite change.

But I think sometimes you can put a title into early access TOO EARLY, where it leaves a bad taste preventing people coming back at a later date.

I'd reccomend watching Soviet Wombles vod on the DayZ situation. It's focused on DayZ but applies to other games.

The video makes a lot of good points, but does it apply to a niche ( motorcycle road racing games ) where at the moment there only are 3 developers publishing 4 games ( MotoGP, Ride, TT and TrackDayR ) total?
Maybe layer this year Rims Racing will join the party, but still not an overcrowded market, unlike the "survival" genre.
Motorcycle enthusiasts will probably come back even if they got a bad first impression.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2021, 11:14:19 AMMotorcycle enthusiasts will probably come back even if they got a bad first impression.
The thing is TDR is simply not a game for motorcycle enthusiasts. It is a bad milestone clone.
You, PiBoSo, will probably forever remain the only guy who is capable of making a true motorcycle simulation for enthusiasts.
I know you want to add more content for a Steam release but if you just put the Varese and Mura back in (which btw still work great in the newest beta), it would already be enough.
Just make it clear that GPB is primarily a modding platform and I think today's users will be smart enough to understand.

doubledragoncc

I started with alpha 7 and even then it was brilliant as far as controller input and physics were.

I will help TDR crew as I have to make my systems work in it, BUT there is no way it will get near GPB for years.

I commend them for the work and to at least try to do what they can. It is a very hard thing to do right.

They need to realise certain things are demanding the use of a gamepad and that on its own is not good. The need to evolve and some help understanding certain things.

We will see

DD

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2021, 11:14:19 AM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on March 19, 2021, 08:00:07 AM

The video makes a lot of good points, but does it apply to a niche ( motorcycle road racing games ) where at the moment there only are 3 developers publishing 4 games ( MotoGP, Ride, TT and TrackDayR ) total?
Maybe layer this year Rims Racing will join the party, but still not an overcrowded market, unlike the "survival" genre.
Motorcycle enthusiasts will probably come back even if they got a bad first impression.

That's very true.

Like you said it is uncrowded, and in general most of the motorcycle gaming community tend to request the same things from most titles.

Whichever title gets closest to that remains to be seen, but an early access title that is far away from it may not 100% recover.

doubledragoncc

March 20, 2021, 05:49:23 PM #43 Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 08:23:16 PM by doubledragoncc
Okey dokey.............

So been playing around and yep controller input will need work for generick systems, BUT I tink oi got it aworkin..........

Hope this helps the devs:

Hoping to ride the R1/M1 siton in it if even to just test setup as it is not infront of gaming screen.

Still a GPB fanboy but willing to help others

DD

EDIT:

Just did first test and??????? WHAT is steering and Leaning as leaning kind of steers the bike and steering is doing nothing????? I am VERY confused now HELP!!!

So I am SOOOO pissed off after hours of the fucking intro and menu music I am not gonna bother to work on this until they allow us to turn the fucking repetetive shit OFF!!!v Sorry but after 4 hours of the same shit I am done with it!!!

-aGy-

i realise that i was using old x360ce program.. :o  now with new x360ce g29 finally works