• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:29:22 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

New working VR Re-shade for Index/Mixed Reality/Open VR

Started by Oz555, April 06, 2021, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz555

I'm new to GP Bikes, so hello.

This VR re-shade for Index/Mixed Reality is getting very high praise on the DCS forum, so I thought I would try and apply it to GP Bikes and it works just the same as in DCS with my G2.
Download here

https://github.com/fholger/reshade/releases/tag/openvr_alpha2

Plenty of options to adjust sharpness, contrast, colour saturation etc.
A nice little boost in image clarity and colour for very little frametime impact.

I used OVGME to apply it and put it in C:\Program Files\GP Bikes.

I had to re-name the d11 file as per the instructions in the download read me.

"for OpenGL games (e.g. Doom 3), you need to rename the dxgi.dll to opengl32.dll"

Link to the DCS forum discussion here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/266701-new-universal-vr-shader/#comments

Quick question on GP Bikes setup for my Reverb G2/3090, is there anything other than maxing out graphics settings I can be doing to futher increase clarity. I can't seem to see a Pixel density ini file in the main directory.

infected247

Quote from: Oz555 on April 06, 2021, 04:03:39 PMQuick question on GP Bikes setup for my Reverb G2/3090, is there anything other than maxing out graphics settings I can be doing to futher increase clarity. I can't seem to see a Pixel density ini file in the main directory.
If I remember correctly, supersampling is only supported for oculus headsets, and I remember someone writing that they couldn't get it to work with Mixed Reality. (it was an old post though, maybe something has changed)
I've only used oculus, so other users may be more helpful

Vini

Maybe there is something you can do through the GPU driver settings (control panel).
I know that nvidia has a supersampling feature.

Oz555

I've tried some Steam SS, which works, but looks aliased and kills frames so I think I am already at optimal with 100% SS on the G2.

I increased the sharpness in the re-shade app to 2.000 and this makes quite an improvment, so quite happy now.