• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:36:31 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Auto Blip - is it needed

Started by Myst1cPrun3, April 07, 2021, 06:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

April 07, 2021, 06:21:36 AM Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:05:31 PM by Myst1cPrun3
EDITED: seeing as the original topic was not respected I've changed this and will repost the question.
Please honour the topics.
Thanks

Whenever I try to utilise autoblip on my mod it doesn't blip higher than the idle throttle mark. (It does blip though)

(Looking at debug it simply blips up to 0.15 on the throttle, which is my idle throttle setting in engineED, no matter what I have the blip settings set too)

Advice needed

Early gearbox settings for reference:

Vini

April 07, 2021, 10:15:22 AM #1 Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:30:36 AM by Vini
The proper way to do the autoblip is through the shifthelp section.
That way you can also fully turn it off if you want to do it manually.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on April 07, 2021, 10:15:22 AMThe proper way to do the autoblip is through the shifthelp section.
That way you can also fully turn it off if you want to do it manually.

No it's not.

As some modern superbikes, like the HP4 Race, have an auto blipper from the factory....

Vini

yes my man. because otherwise you cannot manually revmatch properly which is gay.

Myst1cPrun3

April 07, 2021, 02:36:03 PM #4 Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:05:52 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: Vini on April 07, 2021, 01:57:07 PMyes my man. because otherwise you cannot manually revmatch properly which is gay.

If the bike didn't have a blipper unit, then I'd agree.

But I hope you realise an autoblipper is a piece of equipment that exists in the real world and is fitted on superbikes right? And is fitted to the real life HP4 Race which is what I'm developing...

Myst1cPrun3

Vini

Yes I know it comes standard but like I said, not being able to revmatch manually is a big downer IMO.
Maybe it was the SemiAutomatic parameter, not sure. Been a while.

Myst1cPrun3

April 07, 2021, 03:11:03 PM #7 Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:14:27 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: Vini on April 07, 2021, 03:07:31 PMYes I know it comes standard but like I said, not being able to revmatch manually is a big downer IMO.
Maybe it was the SemiAutomatic parameter, not sure. Been a while.

Big downer - perhaps

But for me, the goal is not necessarily what is good, but to get as close as I am capable to a real bike handling wise.

(That's the goal, whether it happens that's up for debate)

But if a real version of a bike has a blipper then it should have that blipper represented in the main gearbox cfg settings.

If the the real version doesn't have a blipper, then the 'shift help' option would be the correct approach, realism wise that is. (It's also the approach I will make if I ever make a mod without a blipper don't worry about that)  ;)

Failure to follow this would make the mod no longer a Simulation. As it is not accurately replicating it's real world counterpart.

It would be come a sim-cade mod.

Vini

Yes but on the real bike you have the option to do both by deciding if you pull the clutch or not.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on April 07, 2021, 03:28:31 PMYes but on the real bike you have the option to do both by deciding if you pull the clutch or not.

You can do that in gpb as well... If you pull the clutch do downshift the blipper doesn't cut in.

Vini

But you cannot freely rev the engine up. The automatic throttle blip intereferes.
Go ahead and try with SemiAuto on and off and you will see what I mean.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on April 07, 2021, 03:31:10 PMBut you cannot freely rev the engine up. The automatic throttle blip intereferes.
Go ahead and try with SemiAuto on and off and you will see what I mean.

Semi auto is not realistic.

The game takes over the shifting rather than the player.

It is like a shift assist without shift assist.

This is not being used in the HP4 .

Vini

April 18, 2021, 12:13:36 AM #12 Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 12:38:32 AM by Vini
So how did you solve it?