• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

2 strokes. Are they back? Looks like it....

Started by Myst1cPrun3, June 16, 2021, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

A new 2 stroke engine has recently been certified for Euro5 use, bringing it inline with the most modern motorcycling machines in the world...

With emmisions strangling the big 4 banging screamers of i4 1000s and 600s, could this be the way for motorcycling, instead of the electric age?

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/langen-two-stroke-gains-euro-5-certification-heres-how

matty0l215

No one said they were dead

Just shit for most modern day road uses  ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

June 17, 2021, 10:04:57 AM #2 Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 10:07:55 AM by Hawk
Love it! ;D  8)

But the reality of this crazy world will mean that no combustion engine vehicle will be a practical everyday use item when the electric vehicles truly take over, which unfortunately they will.

I think the biggest barrier for any combustion engine vehicle will be the availability of petrol stations in an electrified future that will see increasingly less and less places where you can actually fill a vehicle up with fuel because they will increasing and rapidly start being replaced with electric recharge power point stations.
This electrification era will also vastly start to increase the price of liquid fuels for the old combustion era vehicles too, if it wasn't already stupidly high in price.... Driving or riding what will become the classic combustion engine era vehicles will become a realm for the rich & wealthy I'm afraid.

But yeah..... Buy one while you can cause they will be worth a fortune to the rich & wealthy playboys at some stage in the future!  :o  ;D  ;D

Adele Alex

Electric engines can not be in use of long term of for long routs, May be in coming days there may be some ways to  make electric engines for long trips but for now it seems not possible!

doubledragoncc

AS soon as I saw 2-strokes I knew Hawky would jump on the thread lmao.

Love the 2T's so much too

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

HornetMaX

I read the article and 2 others referenced by the same source (visordown): not a single spec of the engine.
Power ? Torque ? Mileage ? Emissions ? Nothing. Just the weight of the bike (113Kg, nice) and the cost (30K GBP ...).

Had to look elsewhere to find: 75bhp.

MCN doesn't seem over-enthusiast about the engine (here).

Will ask my journo pal if he has more info about it.
First sight: gimmick. It looks nice, it has "2-strokes" appeal (to some), but doesn't really make sense.

matty0l215

Hawk

Quote from: Adele Alex on March 26, 2022, 12:17:05 PMElectric engines can not be in use of long term of for long routs, May be in coming days there may be some ways to  make electric engines for long trips but for now it seems not possible!

Not possible?

There are electric vehicles now that can do 300+ miles on one charge.... Plenty for most commuters.

Personally I think "Green Hydrogen Fuel Cells" are the way to go if the world is going to turn to electric vehicles.

Myst1cPrun3

The electric vehicles that can do even comparable mileage to a full tank of fuel are ridiculously expensive.

Electric vehicles arr just a stop gap until a sustainable fuel source comes along imo, the tech just isnt there atm (whether that changes soon idk).

I do know at work thr highest spec electric van we can get has a range of 150miles, which goes down to 100 if you put thr lights and heater on... Not really viable at the moment  ;D

Hydrogen would be the way forward, but personally I prefer Hydrogen Combustion rather than Cells. Would mean minimal adjustment to existing infrastructure for filling stations, and from what I have seen, most modern ICE cars can be adapted relatively easy so it would mean you could "potentially" keep cars and not have tonnes of waste.

(Only gives off water as waste, so its green, and still has some noise for the motorsport enthusiast as well  ;D  )

Toyota raced cars in Japan using this technology, seen here:

Hawk

I agree with you mate, that's why for business/commercial and HGV's they'll be using green hydrogen fuelled vehicles because battery electric isn't a viable option, especially for HGV's pulling heavy loads.

But appears the powers that be are seriously pushing the electric power for vehicles, so it's very likely to be Hydrogen fuel cells that win-out with this, but I do understand where you're coming from, mate.  ;)

matty0l215

HGV will go over to swappable batteries most likley

Wonder where they'll put all of those  ;D

Hawk

May 05, 2022, 08:06:28 PM #12 Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 08:09:35 PM by Hawk
Quote from: matty0l215 on May 05, 2022, 06:29:24 PMHGV will go over to swappable batteries most likley

Wonder where they'll put all of those  ;D

They already now that it's not viable to operate HGV's via battery electric power alone because of the power to weight ratios.... To pull the heavy loads trucks pull the batteries they'd need would be terribly heavy... it's a bit like the rocket fuel equation, where the heavier the load the greater weight in fuel is needed to lift it; it gets to a point where the fuel load(the number of batteries for a given travel distance needed in this case) would be too heavy to lift.

You'll find that all the current electric powered trucks are Green Hydrogen fuel cell operated... currently they are already operating in the USA now, apparently. ;)

Now the Battery Electric establishment are getting scared Green Hydrogen fuel cells will totally take over, so they are now promoting battery for normal car drivers and Hydrogen fuel cell for the Trucks, vans, etc that pull the heavier loads. Lol, they have to secure their incompetent huge investments they've already put into battery electric, right. Haha!

It'll all be Green Hydrogen fuel cell Tech in the end, mark my words. Lol!  ;D  ;D