• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:13 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxTM - A telemetry tool for GPB, MXB, WRS and KRP

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Vini

Having the same track layout diagram from the menu but with accurate dimensions and possibly a few more details (like curbs etc.).
So watching you as a point or ellipse ride a lap in this track diagram to analyze how different lines affect lap time.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on August 22, 2021, 02:36:36 PMHaving the same track layout diagram from the menu but with accurate dimensions and possibly a few more details (like curbs etc.).
So watching you as a point or ellipse ride a lap in this track diagram to analyze how different lines affect lap time.
The track is just the centerline, GPB does not provide any other info I can use (e.g. actual track width along any centerline point, exact curbs etc). Other than that, dimensions are accurate and the dot is the bike position in world coordinates. Not ideal, but should be enough to compare trajectories.

Vini

Oh ok, I guess the current track map plus "bike dot" is good enough then.
Something like a realtime playback on said map with the telemtry graphs drawing themselves in synchrony could be cool though.

Vini

August 22, 2021, 08:08:14 PM #109 Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:12:48 PM by Vini
If you cannot even get average track width, can you at least make the cernterline width adjustment in actual meters and have it scale accordingly when zooming in/out on the map?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on August 22, 2021, 05:55:03 PMOh ok, I guess the current track map plus "bike dot" is good enough then.
Something like a realtime playback on said map with the telemtry graphs drawing themselves in synchrony could be cool though.
I thought about that but was not sure if it had any real use outside of being cool.
I even thought about having MaxTM running in parallel to GPB in real time and show the data while riding but again, what would be the use ?

Quote from: Vini on August 22, 2021, 08:08:14 PMIf you cannot even get average track width, can you at least make the cernterline width adjustment in actual meters and have it scale accordingly when zooming in/out on the map?
Right, that would be better indeed. I'll have a look.

Vini

August 23, 2021, 01:26:34 PM #111 Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 01:54:50 PM by Vini
Having it run in parallel to a replay could be extremely helpful.
Maybe the combination of bike position + speed + throttle/brake (all the readable data in replays) could be enough to sync up MaxTM with GPB.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on August 23, 2021, 01:26:34 PMHaving it run in parallel to a replay could be extremely helpful.

Maybe the combination of bike position + speed + throttle/brake (all the readable data in replays) could be enough to sync up MaxTM with GPB.

What is in principle feasible is having MaxTM showing the telemetry data live, while riding. But that would only be useful if you have a pit engineer looking at it while you ride, like in real life :) So I gave this a pass.

When watching a replay (or spectating live) the plugin gets very limited data from the bike, not the full telemetry. That's why MaxHUD has most of its widgets disabled in replay mode.
I think in replay mode you only get (and at lower rate compared to bike telemetry): bike position (x/y/z + along the centerline), bike yaw (heading) and lean (roll), rpm, gear, speed, throttle, front brake (no rear brake, uh). That's all, so nothing interesting.

It should be possible to sync this to a saved telemetry: you ride a few laps saving the telemetry, then open the telemetry in MaxTM, go in replay mode in GPB and MaxTM could try to sync the telemetry data to the replay data. I'm not sure if this adds much more to just manually tracking where you are in MaxTM while keeping an eye on the replay. But yeah, in principle it could be done.

Vini

I think it could make bike setup much more efficient.
Would be amazing if MaxTM auto-loaded the correct run and kept it synced at all times when jumping around on the GPB replay timeline.

HornetMaX

v2.4 out:
  • In the viewer, the displayed track width is now in actual meters.
  • Fix for GPB: logging of TC/EB/AW flags was wrong.
  • For GPB & MXB only: added some data about tire slip (from wheelspeed and CoG speed).

HornetMaX

V2.5 out (2021/12/19)
  • Updates for GPB beta20 (only, no changes for MXB, WRS and KRP).

Zonta_84

PiBoSo said he added brake pressure in bars, could you add this to the telemetry aswell or no?
It would be quite helpful for modding so it'd be nice if you could
Thanks 😃

HornetMaX

Quote from: Zonta_84 on December 22, 2021, 07:55:39 AMPiBoSo said he added brake pressure in bars, could you add this to the telemetry aswell or no?
It would be quite helpful for modding so it'd be nice if you could
Thanks 😃
It's already done man.

HornetMaX

V2.6 out (2022/02/06)
  • Updates for MXB beta17 (only, no changes for GPB, WRS and KRP).