• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:33:57 PM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saemon No Jyo

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 18, 2021, 08:12:18 PM
Quote from: Saemon No Jyo on October 18, 2021, 06:06:50 AM・ Please enable the screen display that was in v2.2.4 to be turned on and off. Because it is useful for setting.
In principle I'm against that, that's not info you have while riding (at least, not directly in numbers).
I'm pondering only having this in testing sessions (i.e. not in practice/quali/warmup/race etc.).
I should probably do that for other widgets too (e.g. HUDLean, for the same reasons).

Thank You for your reply. :D

The settings I wrote are not bike settings, but rumble settings.
I didn't have enough words. :'(

I set it while visually checking how much the rear wheel slipped and how much it vibrated.
It allows me to understand how much the rear wheels are slipping from the vibrations during riding.

It is interesting to feel the difference in the sliding of the rear wheels from the vibration, such as how to open the accelerator and change the bike setting.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 18, 2021, 08:12:18 PMIn principle I'm against that, that's not info you have while riding (at least, not directly in numbers).
I'm pondering only having this in testing sessions (i.e. not in practice/quali/warmup/race etc.).
I should probably do that for other widgets too (e.g. HUDLean, for the same reasons).

For me it depends which way you want to go.

It depends on if you want to look at it as a rider, or as the riders mechanic. Now as this isn't milestones MotoGP we don't have a 'guided setup' option so for me I've always looked at these tools as the 'mechanic' to help set the bike up.

I personally think this would be the best way to go, as it covers all bases (those who want it have it, but those who don't use it don't have to)

That being said I think (if you can) make it so it's only usable in test/practice/qualy/warmup but not the race that would be a great compromise. As let's be real, once the race starts, what the bike does becomes irrelevant, as you got what you got. (beyond max TM values where you can look at the race data etc)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Saemon No Jyo on October 19, 2021, 07:42:05 AMThank You for your reply. :D

The settings I wrote are not bike settings, but rumble settings.
I understood that, but the tool  was displaying some sort f slipping %, that's not something you see while you're on a bike.

Yes, your mechanic can see it when you go back to pit (or even in real time, in some cases), but for that there's MaxTM.

Once the next beta of GPB is out I have some small swork to do anyway (wide UI), so I'll have a look.
Plan is to have the numbers show only during practice (so that you can tune the rumble to what you like).

Question for all: have you tried the rumble thing on a wet track ?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 23, 2021, 12:13:52 PMI understood that, but the tool  was displaying some sort f slipping %, that's not something you see while you're on a bike.

Yes, your mechanic can see it when you go back to pit (or even in real time, in some cases), but for that there's MaxTM.

Yes that sounds good. Are the parameters that cause the controller vibration viewable in MaxTM? Could be useful for correlation to the actual riding.

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 23, 2021, 12:13:52 PMOnce the next beta of GPB is out I have some small swork to do anyway (wide UI), so I'll have a look.
Plan is to have the numbers show only during practice (so that you can tune the rumble to what you like).

Good plan, sounds good  :)

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 23, 2021, 12:13:52 PMQuestion for all: have you tried the rumble thing on a wet track ?

I haven't, but I shall give it a go later tonight as I want to turn some laps today  :)

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 23, 2021, 12:13:52 PMQuestion for all: have you tried the rumble thing on a wet track ?
Yes, works just as well there. Makes even more of a difference in fact.

You already started figuring something out regarding the "Dynamic Mode Switching"?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on November 09, 2021, 02:16:48 PMYes, works just as well there. Makes even more of a difference in fact.
Ok thx !

Quote from: Vini on November 09, 2021, 02:16:48 PMYou already started figuring something out regarding the "Dynamic Mode Switching"?
I think I will look into adding the possibility to have front and read underrun (slipping due to braking/engine brake) on top of the current modes (CoG-based and rear overrun).

Combining them (e.g. having both fron over/underrun on the same motor) I don't know, I'll have to try and see how it feels.

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 09, 2021, 08:01:33 PMI think I will look into adding the possibility to have front and read underrun (slipping due to braking/engine brake) on top of the current modes (CoG-based and rear overrun).

Combining them (e.g. having both fron over/underrun on the same motor) I don't know, I'll have to try and see how it feels.
It shouldn't interfere. At the moment with rear overrun the whole braking phase is completely empty.
There would never be two modes active at the same time and everything has to be based on CoG-speed.
Please consider my suggestion on the page before. I think it is the least confusing way of implementing dynamic mode switching without removing adjustability.

HornetMaX

Man, I feel a bit like your slave here.
Ever thought about learning c/c++ (just the basics, that's enough) ?
All the info for the plugin interface is here on the forum ...

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 10, 2021, 11:16:40 PMMan, I feel a bit like your slave here.
Ever thought about learning c/c++ (just the basics, that's enough) ?
All the info for the plugin interface is here on the forum ...

But its all just simple "if" statements did you not know?  ;D  ;)

Vini

November 10, 2021, 11:42:02 PM #984 Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 08:01:07 PM by Vini
Seeing that you are already so close to perfection, it seems pretty pointless to make a whole new plugin.
In the end, it will benefit everyone even if you may not hear from them. It's sad that only the counterproductive people are still participating in the forum...

Anyway, please don't see it as orders. I just try to give as much info as possible and maybe take some of the workload by providing pseudocode concepts.

HornetMaX

V2.2.5 out (2021/12/19)
  • Updates for GPB beta20 (only, no changes for MXB, WRS and KRP).

Improvements to HUDRumble later.

Tom HWK

Its not working for me for some reason, game loads but no hud.
I'm using the steam version if that makes any difference

Saemon No Jyo

Hello.

MaxHUD_GPB64.dlo included with V2.2.5 is the same as v2.2.4b.

javiliyors

MaxHUD_GPB64.dlo has 02/10/2020 modified date

HornetMaX

Crap, think I messed up some file copy&paste  :-[

Can you try downloading again ?

If you see the .dlo date as the old one, wait a bit and try again (mega may take some time to replicate the updated file).