• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:56:19 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

Really liking those new modes. I can definitely push more on the brake and also avoid off-throttle highside when trailing rear brake into corners.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on January 14, 2022, 02:50:16 PMReally liking those new modes. I can definitely push more on the brake and also avoid off-throttle highside when trailing rear brake into corners.

Nice ! Please post (or PM) your settings.

The little I tried the rear underrun (to rumble when braking) seemed useless as it basically kicks in as soon as you downshift.

Vini

I ended up not changeing my initial values that I posted on the previous page.
They work really well for me but it may be bike specific. For reference, I was testing them with Manu's MGP21 bikes (v0.8b MP).
Rear underrun is extremely helpful. I can push much more with the rear brake in the off-throttle phase of a corner. Being able to load up and slide the rear like that into corners dramatically improves the turning of the bike, especially downhill.

javiliyors

I think the race times doesn't work fine. Durong the race the times going crazy in the standings

HornetMaX

Quote from: javiliyors on January 15, 2022, 11:52:12 PMI think the race times doesn't work fine. Durong the race the times going crazy in the standings

Video of when it happens ? Screenshot at least ?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 17, 2022, 12:25:48 AM
Quote from: javiliyors on January 15, 2022, 11:52:12 PMI think the race times doesn't work fine. Durong the race the times going crazy in the standings

Video of when it happens ? Screenshot at least ?

Happens a few times in the race. I think its cos it updates on sector 3 now due to pit-boards being changed but not 100%. Seemed a bit buggy watching back.

HornetMaX

Can you tell me the time of when it happens in the above video ? I mean, it's 15min long ...

I think there may be something to do in my code due to that: "The classification should now be updated after each split". Damn, more work.

HornetMaX

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 10, 2022, 11:29:52 PM@Vini (and any other willing to test): at the usual download link I've created a folder "2.2.6beta" containing the .dlo with the new rumble.

Could you please test it and let me know which map settings makes sense ?
Hi all,

is there any feedback on this new rumble feature ?
I haven't read anything here (aside Vini's comments).

I need to update the plugin for MXB beta17 and I need to know if we want to keep this stuff or not.
If only a few players actually care I'm tempted to revert back to the previous rumble (simpler, doesn't require to fiddle with the .ini etc).

Saemon No Jyo

Hello.

I really like 2.2.6 beta.

It tells me how much front wheel vibration can brake.
The vibration of the rear wheels makes the interaction between the rear wheels and the road surface fun.

I think it will be easier to understand if the vibration of the controller vibrates not only the motor of the grip part but also the trigger.
Is it impossible to vibrate the trigger without updating GP Bikes?

Hope for an update, let me choose how much to vibrate when pushing the bike back.

This is my setting.
I try to vibrate a little with a little slip and a big vibration with a big slip.
If two motors vibrate at the same time with four elements, it will be too lively, so I try not to make the total vibration too large.

[HUDRumble]
_ini_version=2
_enabled={1,1,1}
_pos_x={0.267708,0.267708,0.267708}
_pos_Y={0.619445,0.619445,0.619445}
_pos_linked=1
_optlinked=3967
_cogacc_rumble_profile0={0.30,15.00,0.01,0.50}
_cogacc_rumble_profile1={0.30,15.00,0.05,0.50}
_cogacc_rumble_profile2={0.30,15.00,0.10,0.50}
_tireslip_rumble_profile0={0.03,0.30,0.10,0.50}
_tireslip_rumble_profile1={0.06,1.00,0.01,1.00}
_tireslip_rumble_profile2={0.10,0.50,0.01,1.00}
show_widget={1,1,1}
xinput_device={0,0,0}
rumble_crashed={0,0,0}
rumble_cog_dest={1,1,1}
rumble_cog_map={1,1,1}
rumble_f_underrun_dest={2,2,2}
rumble_f_underrun_map={1,1,1}
rumble_r_underrun_dest={1,1,1}
rumble_r_underrun_map={2,2,2}
rumble_r_overrun_dest={2,2,2}
rumble_r_overrun_map={0,0,0}

I'm looking forward to the release of plugins like 2.2.6 beta for MXB beta 17.

Thank you for your wonderful work.  :)

iNsane

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 04, 2022, 02:29:57 PMis there any feedback on this new rumble feature ?

I as a MX Bikes player have to say that I'm very satisfied by the new rumble feature. It works perfectly fine for me and it doesn't feel off. Good way of setting things up as far as the in-game menu allows + the ini changes (I've not bothered to touch).

From my POV you can keep it like that :)

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

HornetMaX

February 06, 2022, 11:13:49 PM #1015 Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 11:22:11 PM by HornetMaX
V2.2.6 out (2022/02/06)
  • Updates for MXB beta17.
  • New HUDRumble: this will overwrite your previous rumble settings. You need to reconfigure the settings (at least associate the right XInput device). Read the .pdf help for explanations.

EDIT: the pdf had a wrong explanation of how rumble profiles work (thx to Saemon No Jyo for spotting that). I've ninja-updated the 2.2.6 zip with the corrected pdf. The relevant part is this:
  • _cogacc_rumble_map0/1/2, _tireslip_rumble_map0/1/2: each map is composed of 4 floats representing the two interpolation points translating the source value into a rumble value: [min driving value, max driving value, min rumble strength, max rumble strength]. E.g. for tire slip "{0.04,0.10,0.20,1.00}" means that at 4% slip rumble will be at 20% and at 10% slip rumble will be at 100%. You can modify the maps in the .ini file manually.

Saemon No Jyo

Hello.
V2.2.6 Thank you.

The explanation has changed between the explanation given earlier in this thread and .pdf.

_tireslip_rumble_map0 = {0.03,1.00,0.03,1.00}
This will make the slip and vibration linear.

[min driving value, max driving value, min rumble strength, max
rumble strength]
Isn't it like this?

With the MaxHUD plugin, it's really fun to run.
I am always grateful for your help.  :)

HornetMaX

@Saemon No Jyo: Hmm I have to double check that, thx for spotting it.

BTW, if anybody has used the beta, it's probably safer to edit the .ini and remove the section dedicated to HUDRumble. It will be recreated next time you run the sim (with default values).

Chris_Beeves

Even with a very quick setup, the new rumble is excellent. Communicates very nicely.
I had to try..

HornetMaX

EDIT: the pdf had a wrong explanation of how rumble profiles work (thx to Saemon No Jyo for spotting that). I've ninja-updated the 2.2.6 zip with the corrected pdf. The relevant part is this:
  • _cogacc_rumble_map0/1/2, _tireslip_rumble_map0/1/2: each map is composed of 4 floats representing the two interpolation points translating the source value into a rumble value: [min driving value, max driving value, min rumble strength, max rumble strength]. E.g. for tire slip "{0.04,0.10,0.20,1.00}" means that at 4% slip rumble will be at 20% and at 10% slip rumble will be at 100%. You can modify the maps in the .ini file manually.