• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:23:29 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

So it hasn't changed from the beta?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on February 08, 2022, 11:25:10 AMSo it hasn't changed from the beta?
Right, rumble profiles values have the same interpretation as in the beta.

To be honest I can't remember but I think some parameters may have been renamed between 2.2.6beta and 2.2.6.
So yeah, better start from scratch and manually copy the values of the profiles you had in the beta.

Vini

It really makes you a lot faster around the limit once you are used to the feeling. Or more reliable let's say.
I was never a big fan of rear brake but now I can finally use it effectively, keeping the bike right before the point of highsiding (corner entry).
I can also feel an unsavable sliding coming on and usually am able to react fast enough for opening up the steering.

Vini

Could you add the rear brake input to the speed widget?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on February 12, 2022, 09:58:39 PMCould you add the rear brake input to the speed widget?
Yeah that's easy. However it will work only when riding the bike: when spectating live/replay the rear brake info is not passed (not sure why but that's it).

Vini

You sure? Because beta20's default UI is able to show it in replays now.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on February 15, 2022, 03:29:38 PMYou sure? Because beta20's default UI is able to show it in replays now.
I've seen no changes in the output plugin interface. This is the data structure SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t:

typedef struct
{
int m_iRaceNum; /* race number */
int m_iActive; /* if set to 0, the vehicle is not active and the following fields are not set */
int m_iRPM; /* engine RPM */
int m_iGear; /* 0 = Neutral */
float m_fSpeedometer; /* meters/second */
float m_fThrottle; /* 0 to 1 */
float m_fFrontBrake; /* 0 to 1 */
float m_fLean; /* degrees. Negative = left */
} SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t;

Vini

HornetMaX

Quote from: javiliyors on January 15, 2022, 11:52:12 PMI think the race times doesn't work fine. Durong the race the times going crazy in the standings

Hmm I wondering maybe the problem wasn't in my plugin:

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 15, 2022, 11:52:12 PM* GPB / MXB: fixed the race standings and gap

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 15, 2022, 11:16:58 PM
Quote from: Vini on February 15, 2022, 03:29:38 PMYou sure? Because beta20's default UI is able to show it in replays now.
I've seen no changes in the output plugin interface.
How does MaxTM read these values, though?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on March 30, 2022, 09:32:54 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on February 15, 2022, 11:16:58 PM
I've seen no changes in the output plugin interface.
How does MaxTM read these values, though?
MaxTM logs stuff only while riding, not while spectating or watching a replay.
While riding the rear brake is available in the telemetry (SPluginsBikeData_t, m_fRearBrake).
While spectating/replay there's no telemetry (no SPluginsBikeData_t), you only receive some bike data (SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t, at lower frequency compared to telemetry).

typedef struct
{
int m_iRaceNum; /* race number */
int m_iActive; /* if set to 0, the vehicle is not active and the following fields are not set */
int m_iRPM; /* engine RPM */
int m_iGear; /* 0 = Neutral */
float m_fSpeedometer; /* meters/second */
float m_fThrottle; /* 0 to 1 */
float m_fFrontBrake; /* 0 to 1 */
float m_fLean; /* degrees. Negative = left */
} SPluginsRaceVehicleData_t;

Never understood why there's no rear brake there (GPB and MXB), only one brake for KRP (while in telemetry you have two) and no handbrake for WRS. Weird.

Vini

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Vini

My settings adapted for release version:
[HUDRumble]
_ini_version=2
_enabled={1,1,1}
_pos_x={0.812500,0.812500,0.812500}
_pos_Y={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000}
_pos_linked=1
_optlinked=4095
_cogacc_rumble_map0={0.20,1.00,0.30,1.00}
_cogacc_rumble_map1={0.22,1.00,0.30,0.70}
_cogacc_rumble_map2={0.20,1.00,0.30,1.00}
_tireslip_rumble_map0={0.03,0.20,0.30,1.00}
_tireslip_rumble_map1={0.09,0.14,0.30,1.50}
_tireslip_rumble_map2={0.08,0.30,0.20,1.00}
show_widget={0,0,0}
xinput_device={0,0,0}
rumble_crashed={0,0,0}
rumble_cog_dest={1,1,1}
rumble_cog_mapidx={1,1,1}
rumble_f_underrun_dest={1,1,1}
rumble_f_underrun_mapidx={1,1,1}
rumble_r_underrun_dest={2,2,2}
rumble_r_underrun_mapidx={2,2,2}
rumble_r_overrun_dest={2,2,2}
rumble_r_overrun_mapidx={0,0,0}

iNsane

hey max, i've been thinking about making some backgrounds for the elements to enhance the user interface. I've been thinking, would it be possible to add a "mask" to the element backgrounds, to "limit" the drawing area of certain parts?

like the only thing we are currently allowed to do is to make rectangular/square backgrounds, because the map always renders as a rectangle [ ]:

if we could add a mask we'd be able to limit the elements to certain shapes, like a circle which is pretty common for games - to have their minimap as a circle:

would be a cool addition for more stylistic possibilities :)

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

HornetMaX

@iNsane: short answer, no not possible.

With significant work I could "cut" the track more precisely at the border, but this would work for a specific shape of the "window" (e.g. rectangular or round). I don't see any way I could make this generic (as in "you can define your own weird-shaped mask in a .tga") with what GPB allows in terms of quad rendering to output plugins.

As a reminder, everything you see in MaxHUD is done with text and manually created quads. There's no higher-level rendering feature like masks, viewports, thick lines etc. Everything is rectangles/triangles ...