• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:06:05 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Finally managed to do a good Nordschleife lap :D

Started by Vini, May 02, 2014, 01:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

May 02, 2014, 01:55:14 AM Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:09:44 AM by vin97
http://www.youtube.com/v/X4qVgiL9RB4

I think it's possible to go about 20 seconds faster with the 500, especially once the track has been smoothened.
Sorry for the quality but the upload took five hours already :(
Here is the replay.

Lids

Where is the download for the smoothed track?

Good lap

Edit: I just downloaded the smoothed track and did a lap with a 1000. You are right about the faster lap with the 500. The 1000 just comes off the ground too much (if you have wheelie assist off). Esp near the end of the track it gets really hard with the drop offs and tight elevation turns. It makes it almost impossible to get sub 8min without some kind of a good setup. The real life record for a 1000 is 7:50

I'll upload my video I just recorded.

Vini

May 02, 2014, 11:53:10 AM #2 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:56:08 AM by vin97
Have I missed something? I thought the smoothened track was not yet released.

I actually meant 20 seconds faster compared to the 500 lap.

The wheelies are not really the problem (that is the same on every track if you don't use wheelie assist), the problem is that the bike often simply falls over because you hit some invisible bump in the track.

The real life record is 7:10 BTG on a R1 :D
http://www.youtube.com/v/inc9cGasgsA

Arvoss

May 02, 2014, 12:04:53 PM #3 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:25:52 PM by Arvoss
New chanllenge for all the riders? Make a comparison video between the game and real life footage. This is very very difficult, especially on those long tracks. I'll start to practice a bit on Nordschleife :D

The smoothed version was out a couple of weeks ago but it didn't render correctly so he deleted is. I hope he will upload it again soon.

janaucarre

I have big problem with the curve wich make the junction with the two tracks, nodrschleife und gp.

Vini

There are a lot more corners that are extremely bumpy. You really have to be careful with how much you lean and which line you choose.

If you download and watch the replay you will see that I lost the front a couple of times for no reason.

Maybe it is easier to convert the Nordschleife from rFactor.

Lids

It's hard to believe someone made that lap time. My lap times were better on a 500, for a few reasons.mi really don't see how I can manage 7:10 without the track being smoothed better. How do games get a good copy of that track anyway, do they all have to lazer map it?

The track you're on is smoothed. If there are people in the pits it's the updated versions. The one I had was similar, but some corners are so rough you fall just by riding over them.

Vini

Ok, I did a 7:38.89 (full lap) / 7:15 (BTG) on the 1000.
I am still not happy with the lap because I made a lot of mistakes early on and didn't go fast enough at the end.
Anyway, here is the replay file.
I will also upload the video but that may take a while :D

I still enjoy riding the 500 a lot more :D

BerScott

Good lap vin97.

The main problem with this Nordschleife version is that the layout is extremely unaccurate. Original track from rFactor looks so good because nice textures has been applied but the layout is extremely annoying.
There's a conversion from SimBin's GTR Evo around there which I have in my HD for rfactor with a good revamp job. It is the most accurate Ring version you can find in a sim ATM and the asphalt 3D mesh is smoothed. The problem is that it is a GTR Evo conversion and SimBin has recently stopped with a public letter a huge revamp that the GMT (German Modding Team) had in develop, shame :(.
The GTR Evo version has been also cause of lot of controversy and people banned from public forums around the modding scene, but maybe someone in somewhere in any time could convert it to GPB and release in somewhere somewhere :).

Lids

I don't know much about modding, but isn't there (or there should be) one company that laser scans tracks, and sells the rough lay out for other games to use? I mean, it's such a waste of resources if each game actually visits the track and they all get the same result. I thought the track in GT5 was pretty good. When I first played the track in gpbikes I thought of it as a "Pathway version". I'm watching these videos of guys on bikes, going way faster then I am and it just doesn't mesh.

I think the track needs to be overall widened and the last bit of the track to be worked out.

BerScott

A laser scan work is a huge invest for developers. Some developer companies have refused to scan the ring before because it is really expensive, but Kunos Simulazioni who are working on Assetto Corsa seems that will release a laser scanned version of the ring. Not sure what kind of laser scan technology will they apply, but technologies like LiDAR are way too expensive.

Lids

That's why one company, or even the track should invest in selling the rights to use their laser scanned track.

Vini

May 03, 2014, 10:53:27 PM #12 Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:58:19 PM by vin97
We have to stay realistic, though :D

For us, a conversion would probably be the best solution. I am sure we will find somebody who is able to do it.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/r1b0ohrMMB0