• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:17 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Questions about dedicated server

Started by RiderOfTheLostBike, June 22, 2022, 06:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiderOfTheLostBike

1. What are the recommended requirements for dedicated server with 20 players (CPU, RAM, internet speed)?
2. Is it possible to restrict the camera to Dynamic Onboard View only?
3. Is it possible to view what camera a player is using?

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

1. Pretty much all doesn't matter much except for server location (ping). That one is very important for good online play.
2. Not specifically the dynamic one, but onboard in general is possible.
3. No.

RiderOfTheLostBike

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 22, 2022, 09:43:07 AMGo here to read all info on it

dedicated server info

DD

I knew about that topic. I created this topic because i didn't find any answer there.

RiderOfTheLostBike

Quote from: Vini on June 22, 2022, 10:46:45 AM1. Pretty much all doesn't matter much except for server location (ping). That one is very important for good online play.
2. Not specifically the dynamic one, but onboard in general is possible.
3. No.

1. I want to buy another pc to use it for dedicated servers and i don't know if a dual core is enough or i need an i3 or i5 with 4 GB or 8 GB. It would help me to make a decision if i'd knew what system resources are needed for a full server with 20 players.

2. I know about restricting cameras to onboard view. I would like to be restricted to dynamic view only.
An option to restrict the view to a single camera (be it onboard dynamic, onboard static or external) would be useful.

3. I play using only onboard dynimac view and i wanted to know who else plays the same.

doubledragoncc

Server does not need a great graphic card or bells and whistles. A quad is good enough but best to run at least a gen 7 intel. SSD and not HD if you can for storage and min of 8GB Ram best. Internet speed counts for this so. wifi not so good, should be hard wired and highspeed.

I always had good servers just not had time to start a new set again right now. Maybe look at the basic youtube quality in video and it will show how a server can work.

Heres my YT you can maybe get an idea how it will be with even a mid system if you look at the old GPBikes championship videos.

If I have some ASUS ROG arts if your looking for good shit lol.

Hope your get it sorted and look forward to riding on the server

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

I think the server almost needs nothing in terms of hardware.
Especially for the CPU since GPB only runs on one core anyway.
The multiplayer laggyness in my experience is purely a function of player ping.

RiderOfTheLostBike

Thanks for the info guys.

My plan is to buy an used computer with 3rd or 4th generation intel CPU.
An used computer with 7th generation intel is too expensive and i don't want to spend too much money.

From what i read dedicated servers in general don't use a GPU.
For GPBikes dedicated server does a dedicated GPU improve performance or makes no difference from integrated GPU?

Hawk

As I understand it: Servers don't need a GPU at all except for something to operate the server user interface graphics, but certainly nothing that would need great expense.

I would think a very good & fast upload & download fibre-cable internet connection, plenty of SSD RAM and a reasonable CPU & motherboard would be far more important hardware considerations for a fast & capable dedicated server?

RiderOfTheLostBike

I bought an used Intel i3 4130, iGPU, 4 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD.
For a dedicated server with MOTOGP 2021 mod and 4 players the CPU usage is 2% max. The initial RAM usage is around 50 MB. I set the max replay file to 500 MB. The RAM usage increases to 500 MB and then resets to initial RAM value. I don't remember the internet usage but is very low.