• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Guidance on Bike Mod revived please

Started by girlracerTracey, May 18, 2014, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlracerTracey

(To highlight this post I posted it here as well - I hope that's o.k.)

O.K. guys, I want to install this mod. but before I go rushing in blindly can someone please just give me some basic guidance on this please?

I am downloading as I type Bike MOD 1.75 zip via the link supplied.

My straightforward "newbie" question is this: Is this the complete & most up to date version of the overall mod? In which case I am correct in saying to play online presumably all I need to do is to install this specific version of the mod?

Or do I need any previous or current updates?

Also I plan to "merge" the content of the "bikes" folder with my existing bikes folder (which I have backed-up) whilst overwriting any duplicate files etc. Is this the correct way of doing the install? This at least feels logical to me & mirrors the way that you install mod. & mod. updates on the gp500 pc game. Please can someone be kind enough to guide me on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Tracey  :)

P.S. just downloaded & I have looked at the content of the zip file. It looks as though I also need to install all of the previous BLUE paint updates & RED bike updates also..

Is this correct? I think looking at the mod. zip this is what has to be done..

Hawk

Hi Tracey.

It is always best to NOT merge any bike mod update files.

However, as far as paint files are concerned I've always just backed up my "paints" folders for each bike and after I've installed the current Bike MOD update(in this case Bike MOD 1.75), I then just copy/past and merge the paint files back into the installed bikes folders.

After you have downloaded and installed the Current Bike MOD for the 1st time, you can then just download each individual Bike MOD update as they are released, therefore saving you having to download such a large file each time, but that does require you to keep an eye on any updates that are made on each 1st and 14th day of each month. If you loose track of the updates, then it's best just to download the whole current Bike MOD again.

Having different paint files on your PC than is on the server won't cause a "Data Mismatch" error message when trying to connect to the online servers, but any difference in the track or Bike MOD version for each individual track/bike will. Usually the online servers will be labelled with the current Bike MOD version they are running with.

Hope this helps.  ;)

Hawk.

PeterV

girlracerTracey

May 18, 2014, 11:47:29 AM #3 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:49:30 AM by girlracerTracey
"However, as far as paint files are concerned I've always just backed up my "paints" folders for each bike and after I've installed the current Bike MOD update(in this case Bike MOD 1.75), I then just copy/past and merge the paint files back into the installed bikes folders."

Yes that is what I was planning to do..I've just done this actually.

I went online for the first time just now & entered the Motoline lobby successfully at Magny Cours using a WSS 600 bike. No problem at all. So I think it's all working for me o.k.

It's just a case of me getting used to the file structure on gpbikes..which at first blush is actually more straightforward & easier, dare I say it, than gp500.

All I want now is the IOM TT Mountain course for gpbikes which I get a real kick out of racing online on gp500. I understand that someone is in the process of converting the track from gp500 (i.e. the shortened "highlights" track from the old gpl game) which is great news. But somehow I think you may have to calm the bike down a bit over the bumps & rises inherent in this track when using it on gpbikes. Do you think this will be possible? It would be a shame to iron all the bumps out though..a bit like the challenge on Cadwell Park I guess.

I am loving the "simulation" so far. My only problem is inducing power slides (rear wheel steering) when riding in gpbikes.

Do you guys have any tips or suggestion re. set-up to help me on this? I have turned off tcs but I am still struggling a bit with this.

Is there a technique in set-up you guys use for this?

Thanks again guys.  ;)

JamoZ

At the moment, powersliding on command is not really something that`s really doable in GPB at the moment. The transition between powersliding & highsiding is fairly brutal and instant. The moments when i`m sliding are usually during braking & downshifting, or when i`m really pusing it, it sometimes happens while exiting a corner and leaning on the traction control. But that`s mostly on the 990.

BOBR6 84

May 18, 2014, 01:53:04 PM #5 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:58:11 PM by BOBR6 84
Ride harder and faster!  ;)

its not easy to do.. (it shouldnt be easy) iv pulled it off a few times now but mainly when the tyres start to wear a little after some laps..
keep trying!

i still think C21's SC59 WSBK has more to offer in respect of sliding.. ;)

Abigor

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 18, 2014, 01:53:04 PM
Ride harder and faster!  ;)

its not easy to do.. (it shouldnt be easy) iv pulled it off a few times now but mainly when the tyres start to wear a little after some laps..
keep trying!

i still think C21's SC59 WSBK has more to offer in respect of sliding.. ;)
+1 I love this bike

girlracerTracey

O.K. thanks for your input everyone.

I'll try riding harder & see what happens, although I think I know what the result might be.. :o

It's brilliant though I'm really loving it so far!

So BOB I'm ready & able to go online & practice in a lobby with you. How about it?

(BOB is a friend of mine from xbox live)

When are you free?  Can we do a lobby with the SC59 WSBK mod bikes? Say Silverstone or Magny Cours?

I opened the ports I need to in my firewalls & everything seems to be working online for me now. :)

Abigor

Actually i don't  get it why SC59 WSBK is not part of the BIKE MOD ? it's such a great and funny bike  :)

Klax75

A lot of people have asked why I haven't included C21's versions of the CBR1000's in to the bike MOD. Yes I know they are there, we have had private chats about them between C21, Dibu, Peter and myself. The reason is for now. Those bikes have there own Physic's, but are still listed as GP1000. So if you go on a class locked server people will cry why does the SC59 WSBK version that is virtually identical to appearance to the CBR1000, yet behaves so different. It will come down to everyone only rider one bike because they feel that is what they could win on. All the other bikes in GP1000 class have the same physic, so they handle the same. They may look different but there handling is exactly the same.

With the WSS bikes there are six of them released that you can compete with. It's not the case with the bigger bikes. so we made the call until there are multiple bikes in the 1000cc class with there own physics they won't be part of the mode as of yet. I'm not saying they will never be. They will but when there is other bikes to compete against. When each category of bikes have few other bikes in it. Each with there own physic.

So once there are more of there own physic on bikes categories will be made. WSBK, MotoGP, SSP etc.