• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:04:18 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Hello world

Started by YAC, May 15, 2014, 11:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iVolution

really nice work ther YAC.. keep up the good work. Since I think you are the first one modding the gloves (and maybe the whole suit), did you take a look at how to implement this stuff? Is it easy to replace the rider model/suit to something else just as with the helmets?

RiccoChicco

Easy to replace the rider : Yes  8)

Ability to have several riders : Nope (you will have to chose only one, just has mod bikes before beta4)  :-X

Make riders animations : Not very hard to do if you know a little bit about it, but we don't know how .anm are created and exported for the game.  :-[

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 19, 2014, 09:51:53 AM
Easy to replace the rider : Yes  8)

Ability to have several riders : Nope (you will have to chose only one, just has mod bikes before beta4)  :-X

Make riders animations : Not very hard to do if you know a little bit about it, but we don't know how .anm are created and exported for the game.  :-[

I know Maya can Import/Export animation files in the .anim format, so I guess 3ds Max can do the same, as could do with any professional 3D application I guess.  ;) ;D

RiccoChicco

The problem is that we can't import the .anm since we don't have the original rigged model of the rider, so we have no idea how the animation is managed  :P

I read somewhere that rFactor uses .anm files too, i'm searching in that way.

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 19, 2014, 03:29:36 PM
The problem is that we can't import the .anm since we don't have the original rigged model of the rider, so we have no idea how the animation is managed  :P

Hmm.... I see your point.  ;)

ALEale

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 19, 2014, 03:29:36 PM

go Ricco gooooooooooo let us updated :D

Hawk

@Ricco: Just wondered if this is what you were looking for about rFactor using .anm files for animation. This guy is using "ZModeler" and I noticed in this video that he is importing .anm file to animate this trackside marshall character.

http://youtube.com/v/gXWwdgFygbw