• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Model in to mod? (F1)

Started by rich32g, May 20, 2014, 09:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich32g

May 20, 2014, 09:47:39 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:41:40 PM by rich32g
Hi guys,
As part of my degree studies, in my 2nd year one of my assignments was to create a Formula One car, The Ferrari F150/ 150 Italia. I still have the model files and I was wondering about the viability of converting it in to a mod.

I want to point out this model was made to look "as good as possible" and the intention was not to put it in to a game. I presume the poly count would have to be lowered, a lot, to make it viable as the poly count is at just under 9,000....

For all I know, it's totally useless, I dunno.  But I am willing to donate the model to any modder who thinks they could make it work or would like to try.

The model was built in Cinema 4D. I could try to export in other file formats if needed.

If it's useless, let me know. I just know nothing about putting the model in to the sim.
Below is a video of my assignment submission showing the building process and result of the build and also a picture of the model in Cinema 4D

http://www.youtube.com/v/pnBplznbXCk

Hawk

Nice video Rich!

I would say at 9,000 ploy's it would be okay with modern cpu/graphics cards capabilities to convert it into a Car MOD for WRS.

Nice job mate! ;D 8)

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

rich32g

Thanks guys. I just hope someone will take it on!

rich32g

Is there any documentation about adding physics etc?

LauZzZn

Quote from: rich32g on May 20, 2014, 06:12:40 PM
Is there any documentation about adding physics etc?
Its not possible in the current beta, but it will in the next beta