• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:39 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Dedicated server onboard dynamic view

Started by RiderOfTheLostBike, October 27, 2022, 09:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiderOfTheLostBike

When I host a dedicated server I restrict camera to cockpit.
I'm not a fast player but I don't consider myself slow either. Some players are very fast compared to me.
While hosting a DS the fastest player confirmed he was using the static onboard view.
I only use onboard dynamic view but recently I tried the static onboard view.
It's so much easier than dynamic onboard view, I think it's an unfair advantage. Maybe smaller than external view but still an unfair advantage over onboard dynamic view.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. An option to force onboard dynamic view only.
2. For the servers without forced view an option to view what camera a player is using. Maybe after their name:
riderofthelostbike/DV
riderofthelostbike/SV
riderofthelostbike/EV

teeds

While anyone will be better with one view or the other, I don't think either really gives an advantage.

RobyXit

November 27, 2023, 04:27:38 PM #2 Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 04:36:14 PM by RobyXit
Quote from: RiderOfTheLostBike on October 27, 2022, 09:17:25 PMWhen I host a dedicated server I restrict camera to cockpit.
I'm not a fast player but I don't consider myself slow either. Some players are very fast compared to me.
While hosting a DS the fastest player confirmed he was using the static onboard view.
I only use onboard dynamic view but recently I tried the static onboard view.
It's so much easier than dynamic onboard view, I think it's an unfair advantage. Maybe smaller than external view but still an unfair advantage over onboard dynamic view.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. An option to force onboard dynamic view only.
2. For the servers without forced view an option to view what camera a player is using. Maybe after their name:
riderofthelostbike/DV
riderofthelostbike/SV
riderofthelostbike/EV

Hi there, check out that option in your profile .ini file:

Code Select
[ext_view]
mode=0
dynamic=0

Setting "mode" to 0 locks the external view to the bike. The default value is 1, that makes the view follow the direction of travel.
Setting "dynamic" to 0 forces the external view at a fixed distance from the bike. The default value is 1, that moves the view closer or away from the bike based on speed and acceleration.

If both parameters are set to 0, the external view is equivalent to the Beta18 one.  Other settings here on topic: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=15.0