• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:41:44 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

3ds max ISI tool problem: error 126

Started by janaucarre, May 26, 2014, 02:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Hello,
I post here because it concerns modding and plugins and i think it's a good place for that, if don't, change it:).

I reinstalled windows 7 64.
So as I have installed the antivirus and gpbikes only, max hud didn't work, after painstaking research, max sent me the link to the microsoft visual c + + 2010 redistributable on microsoft:

[url] http:// www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555 [/ url] , I downloaded and installed both 32 and 64 bits and then everything worked.

Now, after a week, I launched myself (backwards) in the installation of 3ds Max 2010 32 and 64 bit . Oddly I had no problems, oh joy , oh joy , everything worked nickel until ...

I installed all the ISI tools to import rfactor tracks, 3 plugins, converter, texture and material in the plugins folder, scripts in the scripts folder and in the scripts / startup folder, I put the .gfx and extract the file coreshaders.mas in HardwareShaders folder, and now everything is where it should be.
So I start my 32-bit 3ds max and bam:

DLL Files <C:Program (86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\Plugins\Converter.dlu> failed to initialize . Error code 126 - The specified module could not be found.
DLL Files <C:Program (86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\Plugins\Material.dlt> failed to initialize . Error code 126 - The specified module could not be found.
DLL Files <C:Program (86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\Plugins\Texture.dlt> failed to initialize . Error code 126 - The specified module could not be found.

3ds max starts anyway but impossible to import a .GMT file. So I went in search of a solution through all the forums talking about 3ds max and rfactor and somehow I found what was missing, that:

[url] http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35 [/ url]

I installed it and no more problem.

It's been a little over 3 years since I turned on the same 3ds max to reinstall windows and then the problems started . If I had had no concern for the ISI tools until then it was that the first time I installed a 3ds max, there were already several games and other applications that were installed, and these included already all the necessary tools such as directx and other .dll in the installation package .

I am very, but then very , pleased to have resolved this problem and put it here to have a backup and help the person or persons to whom it could happen.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Hawk

Very useful information.... Well done Janau!  ;) 8)