• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:49:18 AM

Lean sensitivity

Started by Red2112, December 13, 2022, 01:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red2112

Hi folks,

What slider (If there Is one) deals with how fast/slow and smooth you can lean side to side?

If I am not mistaken, direct lean deals with how snappy you´re bike gets to center, but what I would like Is a smoother and more relaxed lean when using leaning on my joystick (8bitDo Pro 2 controller).

I find that when I want to lean, or go back to my original position from leaning, It does It way to linear. It´s not a smooth transition and kind of messes up my weight distribution.

Maybe I just need to be more proficient with my leaning (right stick) technic. Just though I would ask.

Thanks

Red2112

I´ll try the suggestion below since no one Is giving any Ideas.

This just might work for me...
https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=8661.0

Cheers

Chris_Beeves

Direct lean is snappy in general. Try lowering it, it smooths out the motions
I had to try..

Red2112

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on December 14, 2022, 07:06:23 PMDirect lean is snappy in general. Try lowering it, it smooths out the motions

Thanks Chris, I´ll give that a try.

Chris_Beeves

Usually people with game pads run at about 50% (some more, some less obviously). Might be a good place to start. Give it a few laps before you change the value, sometimes you need a little getting used to it to adapt your lines.
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

I run mine at 100% with my system. What do you use Chris out of interest?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Chris_Beeves

With the resolution you get using full size controllers, anything under 100% feels sluggish.
On a gamepad I like to think I want it as high as possible, but I usually end up around 40-50% when adjusted to my lack of talent.
I had to try..

Red2112

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on December 18, 2022, 10:50:44 AMWith the resolution you get using full size controllers, anything under 100% feels sluggish.
On a gamepad I like to think I want it as high as possible, but I usually end up around 40-50% when adjusted to my lack of talent.

That´s about what I had It to 40-50%, I did bump this up a bit to see/feel the difference recently (60%).

But In either a lower or higher configuration I still think that the leaning of the "driver" (not the bike) Is to sudden and not a smooth one. Actually It feels like It´s doing a step move as It was on a sprocket, when the transition should be very smooth If you moved you´re stick smoothly.

I don´t know, maybe It´s just me...

Chris_Beeves

I agree. The driver needs to chill.
I'd like to be able to set the 'driver lean f/b/l/r' parameters even when automatic. Like putting a deadzone and linearity. Maybe it works like that? Idk..
I had to try..

Chris_Beeves

Just tested, it doesn't do anything when the lean is set to automatic.
I had to try..

Red2112

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on December 19, 2022, 03:15:04 PMI agree. The driver needs to chill.
I'd like to be able to set the 'driver lean f/b/l/r' parameters even when automatic. Like putting a deadzone and linearity. Maybe it works like that? Idk..

Yeap,that would be nice. Personally I think It´s a fundamental part of the simulation (as It Is In MX Bikes), and what adds (among other things) to GP Bikes to be better then others.  A smoother transition that would Influence the actual driving and physics of the sim would make GP Bikes the perfect sim. Mind you, not that It´s not  ;D

It would just be better.

Thanks for the testing Chris!