• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:20 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Need help w/cornering

Started by Chris, June 05, 2014, 12:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

I'm sorry if i'm being a scrub and making myself look like an idiot but here goes... I just recently bought GP Bikes, I have direct lean on, manual left/right rider lean on. It seems like whenever I exit a corner, I always dump the front wheel and I cant figure out why. It's only if i'm at max lean, im also semi on the throttle when exiting, not rolled off but not pinned. Is the ability to not dump the front a skill that's learned? Or am I doing something wrong/noobish? If it helps i'm on the gsxr600. I'm also very confused about the entire setup deal with suspension and things like that. Online is a bit confusing for me too, maybe someone could be a bud and PM me if they wanna help? I've read the General Discussion forum post on online too, i'm still just a bit confused. Thanks, Chris

BOBR6 84

Hi Chris, does this happen at every track for you or just certain tracks/corners?
Things like that happen on some tracks for me and others too.. Some track surfaces arnt quite right atm.. Other guys could explain better whats happening with that!

For now just try taking a different line on the corners you have trouble with..
Bike setups.. Thats all part of the learning proscess! Just play around with them to see what works and what doesnt.. If you get online maybe somebody could send you a setup to have a look at to give you an idea! Every track will need different gearing etc though!

HornetMaX

GPB has a fairly steep learning curve: definitely you can't expect to buy the game, run it and complete a lap without falling the 1st day, no matter the bike, the track or the joypad settings.

If you are using direct lean ON you definitely have to be very careful with your stick movements when you pick up the bike. But yes, it's something that you learn with practice.

BOBR6 asked the right questions: is it on any track any corner ? Some corners/tracks require more careful handling than the others, especially when the corner is banked and/or the surface is poor.

Also which pad do you have ? Some pads are just not good enough to play GPB.

MaX.

Chris

No it's at every track, honestly I think I just need to practice bringing the bike up more slowly. I've had the game for 3 days now and I understand that there's a huge learning curve. I play MX Simulator (not that its anything like gp bikes) and that game has a huge learning curve too. I'll try to hop online and ask some people if they'll help out with setups or something, thanks guys.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Chris on June 05, 2014, 08:54:47 PM
No it's at every track, honestly I think I just need to practice bringing the bike up more slowly. I've had the game for 3 days now and I understand that there's a huge learning curve. I play MX Simulator (not that its anything like gp bikes) and that game has a huge learning curve too. I'll try to hop online and ask some people if they'll help out with setups or something, thanks guys.
Forget about setups in the beginning, just focus on riding slowly (well, sort of) without falling.

MaX.

Chris

Oh man I forgot to tell you I use an xbox 360 controller, and by the way should I be using manual rider lean? Is it really even beneficial? Because since i'm limited on the buttons I can use it's kind of hard to fit all the controls. Is there any track you would recommend getting fast/ practicing on in general?

JamoZ

Leave manual rider lean off for now. Maybe only use manual F/B leaning as you try and get a feel for the bike & track. Also try it without Direct lean, me and many others don`t use direct lean on a gamepad.

BOBR6 84

I use the 360 pad.. I use auto L/R lean, I have manual clutch set on the right stick!
I recently tried manual L/R lean, I like it but how my controls are layed out I had to use auto clutch to make way for L/R lean on the right stick.. Personally I dont really need the manual lean but I do need the clutch so iv stuck with that..
All personal preference!
Probably better to try with auto for now then try again when you get used to everything else.. Entirely up to you though!

Phillip island (victoria) is a good track to start.. Fast flowing corners, hard braking, bit of everything really.. Saying that, theres about 50/60 tracks so take your pick lol

HornetMaX

June 06, 2014, 08:41:57 AM #8 Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:38:19 AM by HornetMaX
Right, it's probably better to start without with auto rider lean (both left/right and fwd/back), you can always add them later on once you're confident with the other controls.

As Jamoz said, the majority of people play with direct lean OFF: you can give it a try and decide what feels better between OFF and ON. ON requires to be more careful when you pick up the bike from lean.

Victoria is OK for practice (and last check I have 93 tracks :) ). If you want a shorter track just to start, Hawk's  "Mallory 1978" is very good.

MaX.

C21

QuoteRight, it's probably better to start without auto rider lean (both left/right and fwd/back), you can always add them later on once you're confident with the other controls.
Max, i presume you mean he should start WITH auto rider lean ON.
Otherwise it does not make sense, didn´t it?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on June 06, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
QuoteRight, it's probably better to start without auto rider lean (both left/right and fwd/back), you can always add them later on once you're confident with the other controls.
Max, i presume you mean he should start WITH auto rider lean ON.
Otherwise it does not make sense, didn´t it?

My bad, I mean WITh auto rider lean. I've fixed it.

MaX.

Chris

Yeah, I've tried direct lean off but it feels sooo sluggish to me, it just makes me feel like im being limited, even though maybe im not? And I have a weird setup, my shift up is clicking in the left stick and shift down is clicking in the right stick. This makes it kind of unsmooth when shifting but thats the only way i can fit all the controls in. Maybe i should do auto left/ right lean? I just dont want to limit myself and then be at a handicap later on. I'm going to get into this game hard, and I want to be as fast as possible. I'm just wondering what assists I should keep on/ off if I want to be the fastest.

HornetMaX

No no no, you can't survive with gear up/down on sticks click, no way.

Put gear up/down where they belong, on the shoulder buttons (the ones above the triggers, you normally click them with your index fingers).

MaX.

Chris

Oh god, that should take some getting use to. I hold my controller in a way where its awkward to use them. I'm trying right now in game to get use to it but holy shit its hard to use those fingers to shift. Every thing else is now so choppy lol.

Hawk

I use the foot pedals from my steering wheel for shifting gears, that frees up your fingers on the game pad to do other things, also it feels more natural for me to change gears with the feet rather than my fingers on my gamepad.