• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:31 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Need help w/cornering

Started by Chris, June 05, 2014, 12:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 06, 2014, 03:33:33 PM
I use the foot pedals from my steering wheel for shifting gears, that frees up your fingers on the game pad to do other things, also it feels more natural for me to change gears with the feet rather than my fingers on my gamepad.

Wait, so you use two different things? Like the wheel pedals but an xbox controller or something? Or do you just use a wheel?

Hawk

Quote from: Chris on June 06, 2014, 03:40:22 PM
I use the foot pedals from my steering wheel for shifting gears, that frees up your fingers on the game pad to do other things, also it feels more natural for me to change gears with the feet rather than my fingers on my gamepad.

Wait, so you use two different things? Like the wheel pedals but an xbox controller or something? Or do you just use a wheel?
Hi Chris.
Yes, I use an Xbox 360 Controller and the foot pedals of my F430 steering wheel; just connect both to your computer and GP Bikes will recognise them both in the calibration settings for each controller.  It's just a case of assigning what controls you like to each element of the controllers to suit your preferences. :)

Hawk.

Chris

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 06, 2014, 03:44:30 PM
Quote from: Chris on June 06, 2014, 03:40:22 PM

Hi Chris.
Yes, I use an Xbox 360 Controller and the foot pedals of my F430 steering wheel; just connect both to your computer and GP Bikes will recognise them both in the calibration settings for each controller.  It's just a case of assigning what controls you like to each element of the controllers to suit your preferences. :)

Hawk.

Now you got me thinking, I have two xbox controllers, maybe I could build something small and ghetto so that my feet will hit a button on the controller by my feet to shift, and then i can worry about everything else on the controller in my hands :D. I need to brainstorm though. Maybe I could put the controller sideways, and use the stick to shift up and down. I would need to put something on the end of the stick to make it longer so my foot could actually hit it though. I'll be right back  8)

Chris

June 06, 2014, 04:00:54 PM #18 Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:15:14 PM by Chris
http://imgur.com/GJUPoCG   Let's see what monstrosity I can come up with

BOBR6 84

Wtf? Lol

This is my layout anyway..

Direct lean off.
Turn/lean left stick.
Right stick forward is clutch.
Left trigger is front brake.
Right trigger throttle.
B is gear shift up.
X is rear brake (i rarely use).
RB (shoulder button) is downshift.

I have downshift as RB so I can blip the throttle on downshift.. Feels natural to me to push up on right stick whilst pressing the right trigger and right shoulder button at the same time..

JamoZ

Chris

I'm either a genius or retarded, depends on how you look at it. I have a wireless xbox controller adapter. I have two xbox controllers hooked up to it. I took a small vice I had that I never really use, and stuck my second controller in it. (Don't worry it's not clamped down in there crazy hard or anything) On the second controller, the only two controls are (Shift up; right trigger),(Shift down; left trigger). On the first controller, I have every other control but shifting. I use my feet to shift and it's actually very comfortable despite it looking like my feet are really close.

Here's some pics;

http://imgur.com/a/p2JOP

Maybe somebody could be a nice guy and tell me how to post pictures directly in my post? Thanks

JamoZ

JamoZ

It`s just that...in all my years of simracing i have never witnessed anything like this. And boy i have seen some weird setups, but this just tops it all. So yeah, depends on how you look at it, you are a unique case that`s for sure..  ;D

Chris

June 06, 2014, 05:59:17 PM #25 Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:01:55 PM by Chris
Quote from: JamoZ on June 06, 2014, 05:56:57 PM
It`s just that...in all my years of simracing i have never witnessed anything like this. And boy i have seen some weird setups, but this just tops it all. So yeah, depends on how you look at it, you are a unique case that`s for sure..  ;D

You gotta do what you gotta do ya know? It actually feels really natural, I hope I don't start trying to downshift with my right foot on my real bike though lololol

BOBR6 84

Chris

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 06, 2014, 06:23:08 PM
lol!!!!  :-X
Got something to say? Seeya on the track  :P. jkjk I know you could prolly kick my ass

BOBR6 84

lol no pal its just i never seen anything like that lol

fair play..

btw, i suck at gpbikes.. i can do a couple of tracks thats it.. lately been on this forum more than gpbikes itself hahaha

HornetMaX

You're overcomplicating your life man ... 2 hands, one joypad, more than enough.

If you have real foot pedals, then you can use them., it makes sense. But if you use them for shifting gears, that's really overshoot.
Even me I can manage manual clutch, throttle, front and rear brake ,lean and rider lean l/r on a single joypad (all on analog axes), plus of course gearbox up/down.

MaX.