• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:02:50 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Riding Style Mod

Started by adrmelandri, July 10, 2014, 12:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrmelandri

Hello to you all,
is it possible to mod the riding style :D ? or riding style mod were already released  ::) ?
I can't find any riding style mod  :-\

i using GP-Bikes beta 5  ;D
Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof.
Life is not a child's play.
https://adrmeisterwerk.wordpress.com/

RiccoChicco

Hi Adrian!

First, welcome here (I heard your name several times in MotoGP series community  ;D)

If you're using beta5 , don't forget that the game is currently at beta5B so you need to update your game if you want to play online.

About riding styles : it's supposed to work yes, but unfortunately, we can't create new ones. We need the rigged 3D model of the rider and PiBoSo didn't released it yet (and I don't think it will be released).

ATM, we just have the "default" one :)

Klax75

July 11, 2014, 11:47:46 AM #2 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:32:35 PM by Klax75
I've animated things and rigged things before in the past.

And honestly I don't think you need a rigged model. You'd need the rider model, and then rig it yourself. Do your animations and put it back in the game.

Since animations are pre-set, they aren't calling up any "bones". So if I hit the button to raise my riders hand. GP Bikes is just calling up a out put animation of my riders hand raising up. The are no bones in the rider in GP Bikes.

When I would animate, my rigged model was only used for animation and adjustments. But I could out put the same model with animations without the rigged bones. That is all that GP Bike's is doing. The rider isn't actually on the bike, it's just a visual reference to where the invisible weight distribution sphere is moving around on the bike. So if I move my riders body left, GP Bike moves the invisible sphere to the left, then call's up, the canned animation of the rider moving left. Same when the rider falls off the bike, it calls up a canned animation that is exactly the same, he falls on his butt then raises a hand to his head.

You'd need the rider model, rig it the way you want. Do your animations, then out put those animation. When you out put a animation the rigged bones do no come with it.

Would be kind of pointless having a fully rigged model with bones, then using canned animations in GP Bikes. Since GP Bikes is using the saved animations, not the actual bones of the model to move it.

The only thing GP Bikes has to know is where your hands are attached to the bike and where your feet are attached to the bike, when in game.

Another way to look at it is. When I am making a new paint for a bike. My Photoshop file may have 100 layers in it, different masks, different layer values. My layers and folders in side my Photoshop file could be named whatever. But when I save it as a Targa it flattens it out, I can no longer adjust anything because the layers are gone. But my out put file looks the same as my Photoshop.

A animation out put file would be similar. I just need the rig for adjustments. Once the animation is out put, the rig and or bones does not need to be with the model anymore.

Where as a rag doll model, you would have a very basic set of bones. So the model can interact with it's environment. But we don't have that in GP Bikes. :)

adrmelandri

Quote from: RiccoChicco on July 10, 2014, 12:26:24 PM
Hi Adrian!

First, welcome here (I heard your name several times in MotoGP series community  ;D)

If you're using beta5 , don't forget that the game is currently at beta5B so you need to update your game if you want to play online.

About riding styles : it's supposed to work yes, but unfortunately, we can't create new ones. We need the rigged 3D model of the rider and PiBoSo didn't released it yet (and I don't think it will be released).

ATM, we just have the "default" one :)
thanks for the reply ahaha, i don't know if someone knew me that i was active in MotoGP Community  ;D

adrmelandri

Quote from: Klax75 on July 11, 2014, 11:47:46 AM
I've animated things and rigged things before in the past.

And honestly I don't think you need a rigged model. You'd need the rider model, and then rig it yourself. Do your animations and put it back in the game.

Since animations are pre-set, they aren't calling up any "bones". So if I hit the button to raise my riders hand. GP Bikes is just calling up a out put animation of my riders hand raising up. The are no bones in the rider in GP Bikes.

When I would animate, my rigged model was only used for animation and adjustments. But I could out put the same model with animations without the rigged bones. That is all that GP Bike's is doing. The rider isn't actually on the bike, it's just a visual reference to where the invisible weight distribution sphere is moving around on the bike. So if I move my riders body left, GP Bike moves the invisible sphere to the left, then call's up, the canned animation of the rider moving left. Same when the rider falls off the bike, it calls up a canned animation that is exactly the same, he falls on his butt then raises a hand to his head.

You'd need the rider model, rig it the way you want. Do your animations, then out put those animation. When you out put a animation the rigged bones do no come with it.

Would be kind of pointless having a fully rigged model with bones, then using canned animations in GP Bikes. Since GP Bikes is using the saved animations, not the actual bones of the model to move it.

The only thing GP Bikes has to know is where your hands are attached to the bike and where your feet are attached to the bike, when in game.

Another way to look at it is. When I am making a new paint for a bike. My Photoshop file may have 100 layers in it, different masks, different layer values. My layers and folders in side my Photoshop file could be named whatever. But when I save it as a Targa it flattens it out, I can no longer adjust anything because the layers are gone. But my out put file looks the same as my Photoshop.

A animation out put file would be similar. I just need the rig for adjustments. Once the animation is out put, the rig and or bones does not need to be with the model anymore.

Where as a rag doll model, you would have a very basic set of bones. So the model can interact with it's environment. But we don't have that in GP Bikes. :)
Wow  :o thanks for the explain and the reply  ;D  now i know why Hehe  ;) :D