• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:39:02 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Hosting Ping and Dedicated Server.

Started by Klax75, December 18, 2013, 01:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Hi guys, I've been trying over and over to be able to host so people can join. But no matter what I do my ping doesn't show. I have a Airport Extreme II as my router, a Comcast Gateway Modem that is also a router. I've tried doing port forwarding on both the gateway and in the airport and nothing seems to do anything I'm getting really frustrated. My ping won't show in a dedicated or host games. Hope someone can help.

By the way...AHHHHHH!!

Love Beta4b

Arvoss

Is you ping 0 or empty? Because if you're hosting your ping will be 0 I think.

Klax75

It's empty so it isn't sending anything out.

Klax75

December 18, 2013, 08:44:16 PM #3 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:46:13 PM by Klax75
Still can not figure this out, if I host with in the game it doesn't show my ping so no one can join. I see servers running multi bikes but it shows no ping for me so I can't join and it times out. I try hosting a dedicated server and it shows no ping so even I can't join my own server. I've tried port forwarding on my modem and airport extreme II base station. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Arvoss

Which port number are you using? I use 20510. The default one doesn't work :p

Klax75

Quote from: Arvoss on December 18, 2013, 09:31:32 PM
Which port number are you using? I use 20510. The default one doesn't work :p

Could you give me a set by step if you're using Windows 7 what you do so I can see if I am doing this right. I hosted today and people got on. I asked them what the ping was but no one answered and a lot kept disconnecting.

janaucarre

Hello i have had some online problems with beta4b:
I have made 3 or 4 install to see track servers in WORLD menu, now i can join server and host. The new problem(wasn't in beta3) is the ping moving from60 to 1700, it never passed 100 before.
I have win 7 64bits  all plugins and drivers are updated, nvidia gts250(i know it' a small graphic card)
I have made a fresh install of windows 1 month ago.
Only beta4b have been installed without bikes mods and my test were on victoria circuit.
I opened the udp ports 10500 to 10510.
Any changes have been done for the multi from beta3?
If someone has a solution please say it.
Thank you.