• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:50 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

corrected lean angles

Started by tseklias, July 21, 2014, 08:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseklias

July 21, 2014, 08:56:29 PM Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:06:09 PM by tseklias
hi guyz this is a personal try to set better lean angles for most of the mod bikes. to see the basic difference try a round with any motogp bike and then with a scooter. im very welcome to any suggestions. the add-on hasnt been tested yet from anyone(beyond me).

janaucarre

can you please put the link between the little button up http link  or url please:)

janaucarre

can you please put the link between the little button up http link  or url please:)
It's a planet like the explorer logo.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

tseklias

oh yes of course, sorry janaucarre and thanks matty0l215 . also keep in mind that you need to make a backup of the original files in case you dont like the update or want to return to the original. the files you need to keep as backup are the *.tyre files that are in the bike folder that you need to update.

capeta

I have tried briefly i have more front end loose so i can't test the lean angle cause my bike fall.
I need to try better i think just tested soft tyre of the aprilia anyway thx for the addon ;)

tseklias

July 22, 2014, 11:39:09 AM #6 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:47:39 AM by tseklias
Quote from: capeta on July 22, 2014, 09:40:46 AM
I have tried briefly i have more front end loose so i can't test the lean angle cause my bike fall.
I need to try better i think just tested soft tyre of the aprilia anyway thx for the addon ;)

yes actually the rsv4(if you mean this and not the rsa250) must actually have less lean angle than before and must be driven far more ease on the gas and brakes(keep in mind also that were suffering from front end loose and wobbles in 5b and ive updated lean angles not the physics). a supersport bike on soft tyres only, cant lean at 60-61 degrees as it was before this update. also i tried to make all the 1000cc bikes to have a lean angle close to a supersport(stock) and not an sbk category. i will upload the sbk updates aproximately by the end of this week.

how about the other categories? please leave comments good or bad cause i cant take this to the next step if nobody speaks.

_oDi_

the lean angles of my mods were correct..... before ... please do not ruin them ;)

ALEale

skerp

Quote from: tseklias on July 22, 2014, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: capeta on July 22, 2014, 09:40:46 AM

yes actually the rsv4(if you mean this and not the rsa250) must actually have less lean angle than before and must be driven far more ease on the gas and brakes(keep in mind also that were suffering from front end loose and wobbles in 5b and ive updated lean angles not the physics). a supersport bike on soft tyres only, cant lean at 60-61 degrees as it was before this update. also i tried to make all the 1000cc bikes to have a lean angle close to a supersport(stock) and not an sbk category. i will upload the sbk updates aproximately by the end of this week.

how about the other categories? please leave comments good or bad cause i cant take this to the next step if nobody speaks.

excuse a question? but you asked for permission to change the parameters of the MOD you have not created?

tseklias

July 22, 2014, 06:50:53 PM #10 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:53:27 PM by tseklias
ok permission seems not to be granted(not to mention i first time came across so much reasoning...). so this must be done manually. for the motogp lean angles you must change the following in the tyre files:

hard compound:asphalt 1->dry grip=1.13       qual compund:asphalt1=1.16          soft compound:asphalt1=1.14         wet compound:asphalt1=1.09
                          asphalt 2=1.12                                              asphalt2=1.15                                  asphalt2=1.13                                  asphalt2=1.08
                          asphalt 3=1.11                                              asphalt3=1.14                                  asphalt3=1.12                                  asphalt3=1.07
                          concrete=1.14                                               concrete=1.17                                   concrete=1.15                                  concrete=1.10
                          kerb=1.11                                                      kerb=1.14                                         kerb=1.12                                         kerb=1.07
                          paint=1.11                                                     paint=1.14                                        paint=1.12                                        paint=1.07

Klax75

July 22, 2014, 11:15:29 PM #11 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:26:29 AM by Klax75
I think this is not about changing the bikes tires to lean more. It's about the virtual rider not wanting to lean, even when using Manual controlled rider. The rider will only let the bike go so far. The virtual rider doesn't want to fall off, so they aren't going to lean the bike. Should the virtual rider be updated possibly.

For me as I've said before I only use DST now when riding, and I can get some pretty big lean angles, more so then I could with default steering. Since DST turn off the virtual rider altogether.

Video I posted in another thread.

Mallory Park DST Very Low Lean Angle
http://www.youtube.com/v/q0L3qej0sc8

janaucarre

wow, what a lean klax:)
Do you turn the bike and less the rider?
Very technical drive:)

BOBR6 84

Wow! Thats like 80 degree angle lol

Klax75

July 23, 2014, 03:39:04 AM #14 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:43:33 AM by Klax75
That turn, I move the rider to the right, and turn to the right. Once the bike starts leaning down, I easy up on the turn. Since in DST the bike doesn't stand back up, it will keep leaning over until you slides out and you crash. The virtual rider isn't doing anything so there is no lean angle limit I hit. Other then crashing and falling over or scrapping the fairing.  Once I get as low as I feel, you can see the front wheel is starting to shake. Now my steering stick I am pushing left at this point, keep correcting left, to hold the angle, so I don't pick up the bike, but so the bike doesn't slip and fall. I'm also playing with the throttle the whole time. To much throttle and I understeer and can't make the turn. To much throttle to quick, the back end flings out and I crash. If the bike starts to drop a little I give it a little more throttle and a little more opposite steer. The rider I am holding right, and start to pushing forward and right, then forward to tuck back in. With Manual rider when your coming out of the turn and push forward and the direction of your turn, it will make your turn slightly smaller. Where if your pushing your rider back and to the side it makes the turn larger. So I cam kind of rotating my stick during a turn, right, forward right, forward. In one arc motion.

So it's not the tires stopping the lean angle it's the virtual rider not wanting to do it.

I was surprised when I watched the replay. We don't have a elbow down animation for the rider, yet his elbow is almost down. lol

The 1000cc's I can get some nice lean angles, the 500cc not as much. The 125cc, and 250ccm they won't lean that far. I've tried. lol