• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:35 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

corrected lean angles

Started by tseklias, July 21, 2014, 08:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Totall control.. I like it! Im gonna start using manual rider movement.. Its a start lol
You should make a video pointing to your hands so we can see how busy your hands and fingers must be on the pad!
Good stuff!

Klax75

I've actually thought about that. I'll see what I can do. :)

tseklias

July 23, 2014, 11:58:12 AM #17 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:43:05 PM by tseklias
klax is right. as explained by piboso virtual rider controls the lean angles depending on weather conditions, type of tarmac and a number of other facts. but klax i dont think these angles you obtain can be achieved in real life... can they :o? also im really curious to see you trying an s curve as fast as possible to see how fast can you "drop" the bike on the opposite side(catalunya's first "s" would be a great location to try).

here is a pic of rossi next to the max lean angle i can achieve now in gpb(around 64-64.7 with qualifying tyres). keep in mind that rossi has a 1.5-3 degrees less but hes running on soft-fr and hard-rr and never ride like a mad if hes not threatened, hes focusing on pace more.

sorry for blurry pic but i dont know how else to take in-game pics... :-[

PeterV

Quote from: tseklias on July 23, 2014, 11:58:12 AM
sorry for blurry pic but i dont know how to take in-game pics... :-[

ingame press F11

tseklias

Quote from: PeterV on July 23, 2014, 11:59:45 AM
ingame press F11

thanks for your help but all i get is a black picture. same with prt screen also... dont know what the problem is  :(

Hawk

Quote from: tseklias on July 23, 2014, 12:13:01 PM
Quote from: PeterV on July 23, 2014, 11:59:45 AM
ingame press F11

thanks for your help but all i get is a black picture. same with prt screen also... dont know what the problem is  :(

Could be your graphics driver? Have you updated to latest version?

Hawk.

PS: Just a thought: Have you assigned the right key for screen capture in settings?

FastFreddy

Quote from: tseklias on July 23, 2014, 11:58:12 AM
klax is right. as explained by piboso virtual rider controls the lean angles depending on weather conditions, type of tarmac and a number of other facts. but klax i dont think these angles you obtain can be achieved in real life... can they :o? also im really curious to see you trying an s curve as fast as possible to see how fast can you "drop" the bike on the opposite side(catalunya's first "s" would be a great location to try).

here is a pic of rossi next to the max lean angle i can achieve now in gpb(around 64-64.7 with qualifying tyres). keep in mind that rossi has a 1.5-3 degrees less but hes running on soft-fr and hard-rr and never ride like a mad if hes not threatened, hes focusing on pace more.

sorry for blurry pic but i dont know how else to take in-game pics... :-[

Absolutely unrealistic. the only points where a motogp reaches 64 °are banking curves.

tseklias

July 23, 2014, 04:14:14 PM #22 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:49:19 PM by tseklias
Quote from: FastFreddy on July 23, 2014, 02:21:11 PM
Absolutely unrealistic. the only points where a motogp reaches 64 °are banking curves.

and how many degrees you think a motogp can lean? imo depending on the type of turn(if it has a 2-3 degrees slope) a motogp bike can lean up to 65-66 degrees. i although dont know if maxhud measures the degrees from horizontal(removing the slope of the corner) or from an absolute horizontal. im sure if max passes by he will enlighten us. now here you can check the various of degrees different types of motos can achieve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J73XRDGPcpE

Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 23, 2014, 02:08:38 PM
Could be your graphics driver? Have you updated to latest version?

::) if you only knew what graphics card im running ahahha. its like trying to find a firmware for a 5yrs old chinese cellphone  ;D. although it was working some weeks ago that ive tried. but thanks a lot hawk, always there to help.

HornetMaX

I think I've recently seen some 61deg in a motogp race, no more.

Looking at the modified values you've put in (without trying them, I can't right now) I think you've gone a bit too far: probably half the delta with respect to the original values is enough (talking about the murasama vs m1 or rcv213).

Also, the tire profile in GPB has an half angle of 60deg, hence I'm not sure what a lean angle of more than 60deg may mean. You'll need Piboso help on that, to be sure.

Concerning the plugin, honestly I can't remember: I'd say it's not with respect to the track, it's absolute. If you want to double check, just go on the track named "oval": the inner part is flat, the outer is heavily banked; check with the bike vertical on the two parts.

MaX.

P.S.
At 2:06 in the video, the line they draw is silly, it's not going through the bike's symmetry plane ...  ::)

tseklias

July 23, 2014, 05:21:23 PM #24 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:04:11 PM by tseklias
Quote from: HornetMaX on July 23, 2014, 04:58:04 PM
I think I've recently seen some 61deg in a motogp race, no more.

yes but it was during the race not during the qualify where riders go to the limit. i have a video of stoner actually that was taken down from youtube(thank god i had download bfr) where he was qualifying misano and he dropped the bike maybe more that 63 degrees. i see the video in slow-mo and it looks like hes scratching the fairing of his ducati(and ive read somewhere that ducati cant lean like the m1 nor like the rc213 ::))

Looking at the modified values you've put in (without trying them, I can't right now) I think you've gone a bit too far: probably half the delta with respect to the original values is enough (talking about the murasama vs m1 or rcv213).

maybe youre right i notice that too, but its on a test version yet. you decide whether its overvalued or not(im running on a crap pc with a broken ps2 controller that why i was asking for a tester..)

Concerning the plugin, honestly I can't remember: I'd say it's not with respect to the track, it's absolute. If you want to double check, just go on the track named "oval": the inner part is flat, the outer is heavily banked; check with the bike vertical on the two parts.

thank you ive checked but as i explained above... i cant be sure.

At 2:06 in the video, the line they draw is silly, it's not going through the bike's symmetry plane ...  ::)

yeah  ::) the video is actually like a cartoon documentary playing on saturday morning but if you check here i think stoner have gone far 60 degrees for sure imo:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDhp11mKYyk the kerb there may "trick" the eye(put both videos aside and try to compare)